Product Management Intern - Summer 2022
- 41 Waukegan Rd, Lake Bluff, IL 60044, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Buehler’s parent company, ITW, is a Fortune 200 global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
This key position will be working with the product management team to profitably grow a product portfolio by driving marketing strategies and tactical action plans. This key position is focused on effectively utilizing ITW’s Toolbox of core business philosophies to manage the lifecycle of a product line, lead business growth initiatives and champion new product development.
- Manage a portfolio of products through the development, commercialization, growth, maintenance, and obsolescence stages
- Develop knowledge and expertise on the market needs, technology developments, competitive analysis field sales information, and voice of customer (VOC) data
- Analyze and communicate sales and earnings trends for given product lines through the use of dashboards and tracking reports.
- Lead product line simplification (PLS) rationalization efforts to maximize product line efficiency
- Manage an innovation pipeline that supports Buehler’s business strategies.
- ·SupportProduct Managers in the development of Product Request Specifications (PRS)that define the market need, potential, and differentiation of the new product.Include business justification, product positioning, value proposition, risk assessment, and competitive analysis
- Partner with engineering to champion new product development (NPD) projects through a stage-gate process
- Lead new product rollout efforts including forecasting volumes, designing market tests, promotional materials and sales channel training
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline (Material Science, a plus)
- The ability to identify and understand market segmentation, to develop financial business justification, and deliver proposals to upper management
- An aptitude to effectively communicate and champion product developments among a multi-functional and international team
- Capable of effectively managing priorities and time when provided multiple projects, of varying magnitude, with firm delivery dates
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.