Approvals / Certification Engineer
- 407 W Vine St, Hatfield, PA 19440, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for an Approvals / Certification Engineer. This highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
As a member of the quality department, provide direction and guidance to assure product conformance to Agency approval regulations as well as support product quality activities. Provide in depth knowledge of major worldwide product approval agencies to engineers engaged in product development so divisional product approvals may be obtained. Liaison with the certification agency (notified body under European CE Directives) for the issuance and changes of product certificates and technical documentation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with engineering and marketing during product definition and design phase of program so approval requirements are properly defined.
- Participate in preliminary and final design reviews to assure adherence to Certification Agency Standards, and application for approval with the appropriate agency.
- The authorizing of ECN approval and changes to related drawings and technical documentation as appropriate.
- Informing customers verbally and through literature of applicable special conditions for safe use and limitations with regard to safety.
- Liaison with other Brooks office Approvals personnel and provide services needed to obtain approvals in other countries. Maintain relationships with agencies by periodic visits coordinated with application or expediting of approval requests.
- Liaison with the Product Safety Committee, for evaluation of nonconformities in material that may create substantial safety hazards.
- Liaison with Certification Agencies (Notified Bodies) with updating of the quality system that has been certified under the European CE Directives.
- Maintain an up-to-date Electronic Database of all approvals activity, certificates and provide periodic written status reports.
- Develop audit plans and conduct Agency approval internal audits to ensure Agency certified products conform to Agency/Notified Body requirements.
- Primary interface supporting customer audits, agency approval audits and special quality requirements.
- Support customer in 8D responses and regular quality resolution update meetings.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ISO 9001 level II documentation and internal quality system audits.
- Support MRB and other product quality issues as required.
- Regular attendance and the ability to get along in a team environment
- Support company continual improvement initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of three years of related approvals experience in an ISO 9001 certified facility.
- Knowledgeable on UL, CSA, CE, PED, RoHS/REACH and other agency regulations
- PC knowledge with Windows
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.