Human Resources Manager
- 21555 S Harlem Ave, Frankfort, IL 60423, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1912, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a global industrial company built around a differentiated and proprietary business model. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized, entrepreneurial culture. In 2019, the company achieved revenues of $14.1 billion, with roughly half coming from outside North America. www.itw.com.
ITW Deltar Fasteners is a large division within the Automotive Segment and serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners. Locations include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for a wide range of functions including: HR Strategy, Organization Design & Effectiveness, Talent Management/Employee Development, Compensation, Employee Relations, HR Policies & Procedures, HR legal compliance and Company Culture.
- Strategic Alignment
- Partners on long range and annual plan development. Identifies implications for organizational strategy along with recommendations to support longer term business growth. Collaborates with management to identify change management implications and leads change.
- Organization Design & Effectiveness
- Consults with and advises business leadership on organizational design that will enable the business to grow and operate effectively. This includes evaluating work structure, job design, and manpower forecasting, interdependencies, and role and responsibility clarity. Proactively identifies organizational needs (talent assessment, team effectiveness, staffing, etc.) and develops strategies for resolving and addressing needs. Develop/administer employee performance management process and provide training and support in all components of performance management.
- Talent Management / Employee Development
- Assesses organizational capabilities and identifies gaps. Actively participates with business leadership to source, evaluate, select and on-board talent. Coaches business leaders and their teams on the development of others. Interfaces with other ITW HR personnel to advance movement of talent across business groups. Helps identify development opportunities for talent within the business unit and tracks progress on development action plans. Consults on succession plans. Drives and facilitates management team in HR planning, assessment, and succession plan reviews.
- Develops and administers job evaluations, salary ranges and annual merit review processes, using relevant market data as needed to maintain competitiveness. Collaborates with HRD on annual bonus programs. Coordinates with ITW Corporate compensation department as required.
- Employee Relations
- Builds and drives employee engagement. Advises and coaches business unit management on resolving employee issues. Personally manages complex or significant employee relations issues. Analyzes employment-related concerns, patterns, and business needs to proactively develop and implement action plans to address pervasive issues. Balances legal exposure with desired business outcomes. Consults with ITW Corporate Employee Relations department as required.
- Technical HR Support
- Directs, recommends, and proactively communicates appropriate local implementation of HR policies, practices, and initiatives. Ensures legal and regulatory compliance, including: equal employment opportunity/affirmative action, wage and hour, and work authorization. Designs, business unit specific policies and practices as needed.
- HR Operations
- Fosters continuous improvement by analyzing processes, monitoring effectiveness, and identifying actions to reduce complexity and/or enhance operational performance. Utilizes data to drive decisions and ensure accurate recordkeeping/data integrity is maintained. May process payroll for single/multiple sites or business units.
- Company Culture
- In concert with management, builds and drives a positive employee culture. Champions diversity and inclusion goals, strategies and plans. Actively participates in employee communications. Provides high-touch HR support to the business. Oversees company and community events.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directly supervises HR Generalist. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; hiring, training, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, and assuring employees follow prescribed safety rules. Provides support and mentoring to HR Generalist as needed.
- Safety and Workers Compensation
- Champions a safe work environment and demonstrates effectual leadership. Promotes reporting of safety issues and ensures appropriate follow-up. Submits information to Corporate regarding workers compensation concerns and OSHA/safety issues. Participates in appropriate loss prevention activities to control risk and expense.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as assigned by supervisor or ITW Corporate Human Resources. Aids other ITW units as requested.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Master’s preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in HR Generalist/HR leadership positions.
- Experience in all facets of human resources including knowledge of recruitment processes, benefit and compensation administration, employee relations, and legal compliance requirements.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills; good listening skills; a team player who demonstrates the ability to relate to employees at all levels of the Company and who is sensitive to cultural differences.
- Approachable, inspires trust and confidence. Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential business and employee information.
- Must be adept at analyzing facts and issues, identifying options, and able to decide and recommend a course of action. Must know when to compromise and when to be assertive.
- Able to accurately assess people.
- Independent and organized work style: Effectively manage time and prioritize workload, assume and manage multiple tasks without close supervision, adapt to change, and consistently meet deadlines. Ability to make independent decisions and regularly suggest ways to improve services and processes.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to thrive within a matrix organizational structure.
- Strong PC skills/aptitude. Intermediate Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience using HR systems – preferably Workday.
- Willingness to travel up to 10-15%.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.