Service Sales Manager
- 825 University Ave, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
As a manager in the Americas service business and within Instron, this position will drive the growth of service sales through extensive training, continuous process improvement and leadership for the North American Service business. Additionally, the position will provide strategic input to the evolving global service business. At its core, the manager will provide dashboards for ongoing business while developing appropriate strategies for the sales teams. This position will also work with the entire Sales and Service organizations to help drive the service processes & internal synergies.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage service sales team activities to meet & exceed annual bookings and revenue targets
- Lead the service sales team with proactive management tools & feedback
- Ensure successful service business growth through sale of service sales contracts, calibration services, contract renewals & a strategic focus on targeted segments
- Develop & maintain service sales business metrics with an eye on global expansion
- Work closely with the business development team to achieve ongoing growth from strategic & targeted accounts and sites
- Focus on continuous improvement of processes through thorough research, understanding and documentation of existing processes and future needs
- Work with product managers to deliver synergistic plans & results for strategic segments
- Work with other service managers globally to ensure harmonized initiatives and system capabilities as associated with the service sales business
- Understand and embrace Instron’s quality commitments while working with all facets of the organization to ensure the highest levels of internal and external customer satisfaction through rapid response & high-quality communications
- Office environment with possible exposure to adverse customer’s environment. Must be willing and able to travel 10% of the time to stay in close contact with customers and the market.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in business
- Solid analytical skills
- Knowledge of Instron products
- Knowledge of service markets and the value service provides customers
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and a strong understanding of data analysis related to customer needs and satisfaction
- Strong software configuration & development skills associated with pricing & quoting
- Strong organizational, negotiating, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills
- Sales management skills & experience including 3-5 years of management experience
- Experience in B2B market development & KPI metrics a plus
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. Enjoy excellent on and off the job training, a competitive salary, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.