Mechanical Engineer 1
- 4401 Blue Mound Rd, Fort Worth, TX 76106, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS (ITW)
Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. We place a high premium on the development of innovative solutions–most of which are developed in tandem with our customers. And we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely, cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW’s differentiated business model is comprised of a set of unique core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process, customer-focused innovation, and our well-known decentralized entrepreneurial culture. While we own many global businesses, these capabilities are unmistakably ITW—and key to our longevity and strong performance.
About the Traulsen Brand
Traulsen has long been known as the premier name in refrigeration for the foodservice market. That reputation is grounded in a long history of delivering products designed and built to the highest possible standards of performance, quality and durability in the industry.
Over the years, Traulsen has constantly expanded the range of top-of-the-line refrigeration for the worldwide food equipment market, with refrigeration offerings that include reach-ins, roll-ins, undercounters, blast chillers, prep tables, dual temperature units, heated cabinets, merchandisers and specialty applications drawn from customer requests, many of which become part of our mainstream product line. It’s all based on a corporate philosophy that it takes quality to make quality—and quality creates value for the long run
- Responsible for creating concept design, 3D CAD modeling, converting into manufacturing prints, preparing bills of materials and release them through engineering change release process.
- Participate in the ECN process and assist with BOM management Responsible for supporting existing products and assisting in new product development.
- Coordinate with cross function team in implementing new designs and improvements.
- Work with suppliers to improve quality and resolve product issues. Provide direct technical support to the production team as required to meet the goals.
- Drive continuous improvement projects related to the product design, quality of products.
- Performs the design, testing, operation and/or evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices or systems.
- Conducts engineering studies through data acquisition and analyzes results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferable Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant engineering
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration and electrical wiring is a plus
- Proficiency with software development is a plus
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of SolidWorks or other 3D CAD modeling. Exposure to sheet metal design will be a plus.
- An understanding of thermodynamic and refrigeration fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including Word and Excel.
ITW Food Equipment Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a Disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact 817-740-6747 for information on how to contact us directly.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.