Accountant - TIG Division
- N822 Communication Dr, Appleton, WI 54914, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
The TIG Division is part of ITW's North America Welding Commercial Platform with annual revenue of $120M. This position will be responsible for driving the accounting functions at the division and have shared responsibility for financial reporting. This individual will partner with the finance team in various financial projects. This position is based in Appleton, WI.
This position is a key function within the Accounting Department. The Accountant will work to ensure accuracy of financial records and integrity of data shared with management, assist in adhering to top 13 internal controls, and complying to ITW's policies and procedures and applicable laws.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial closing process effectively and efficiently.
- Prepare accurate financial statements and maintain/reconcile ledger accounts.
- Provide various sales analysis reports as needed to help support the division and provide timely data for other managers to assist with decision-making.
- Be analytical, inquisitive, and crisp in explaining the story behind the numbers and a strong ability to understand macro and micro trends and quickly discern inaccuracies.
- Maintain the standard cost files in accordance with ITW policies/procedures. Lead the annual standard costing roll up.
- Assist in capital expenditure requests and audits, and manage fixed assets within the division.
- Helps other employees understand how their choices and decisions will impact the financials and identifies, communicates, and trains others on key business drivers.
- Be a strong motivational champion of the ITW Toolbox; utilizing 80/20 in all critical thinking toward applying sound judgement to analyze processes, identifying and acting upon opportunities to reduce complexity and simplify processes.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting plus a minimum of 3 years of broad accounting experience. CPA or equivalent designation is preferred.
- Proven track record of leadership, collaboration, strong interpersonal and verbal/written skills, demonstrates a positive attitude, highly motivated, high level of personal accountability, strong, coaching skills, effective listening skills, and approachability.
- Must have a sharp sense of top priorities for the business and is detail oriented with strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively with customers, suppliers, and all employees, as well as an ability to develop positive and productive peer relationships.
- Willing to develop self and others with potential for future opportunities in the organization.
- Experienced in the implementation and application of ITW toolbox tools, including the Front to Back process; preferred
- Ability to resolve issues/conflicts in a timely manner
- Aggressive self-starter with the ability to work independently on projects under minimal supervision.
- ERP and Financial Reporting software experience required, Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations expertise preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel skill is required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.