Engineering Manager, Sustaining Engineering
- 407 W Vine St, Hatfield, PA 19440, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for an Engineering Manager, Sustaining Engineering. Brooks maintains manufacturing, sales, and service center facilities around the world, and our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, petro-chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instrumentation, nuclear, and solar cells.
The Sustaining Engineering Manager is a hands-on leadership role that is responsible for sustaining engineering activities related to Brooks’ existing flow and pressure measurement and control product families. In addition to strong technical contributions, this position is also responsible for serving as the subject matter expert to ensure sustaining engineering best practices are created and followed across the entire engineering team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of cross-functional engineers (mechanical, electrical) and technical resources to address all engineering processes requirements (ECN’s, BOM’s, MPL)
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary NPD teams to ensure new products meet DFMA guidelines.
- Establish goals with team members and provide written performance feedback at established company intervals.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities consisting of mechanical, electrical, software and document related changes.
- Identify and implement process level improvements within the sustaining engineering team
- Manage coordination of engineering resources including implementation plans to assigned projects.
- Communicates regularly with business teams the status of projects that are under development.
- Continuous improvement of Brooks’ products and engineering processes as they relate to sustaining engineering activities. This entails reviewing, updating, and creating Brooks’ engineering processes.
- Familiarity with industry standard communication protocols (EtherCAT, RS485, Profibus, Modbus, DeviceNet, Foundation Fieldbus)
- Utilizes originality, ingenuity, and creativity to manage complex and large scope sustaining engineering projects.
- Modifies existing product designs to improve performance, reliability, cost, and manufacturability.
- Mentors and assists engineers in the engineering principals and procedures for product design, development, fabrication, and testing.
- Maintains and enhances department safety policies and procedures.
- Direct resources to develop and/or interpret product requirements specifications, complex drawings or schematics.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering required (mechanical, electrical, or other related discipline); MS Engineering preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude to include 10+ years of experience with design, manufacturing, and/or test engineering.
- Management experience overseeing a team of technical resources required.
- Excellent communicator who exhibits strong, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook required.
- An assertive, results-oriented leader who is a consummate team player and who can effectively negotiate with others to achieve win-win outcomes.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.