Office Administrator / Customer Support Specialist
- 3077 Skyway Ct, Fremont, CA 94539, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for an Office Administrator / Customer Support Specialist. This highly visible position will be based out of our facility in Fremont, California. In addition to our Fremont operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea and our headquarters in Suburban Pennsylvania. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
The office administrator/customer service position will perform an assortment of duties pertaining to day-to-day office management as well as assist our Hatfield, PA based customer service staff in customer support function
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate general office management including
- Ordering office supplies on a regular basis
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, and service providers
- Work with Janitorial service to ensure smooth function and assist with billing related matters
- Work with Security company protecting the premises of the company and aiding with any events that occur pertaining to security including tripping of alarms, maintaining keyless entry etc
- Work with Copier vendor to provide upkeep and maintenance of copy equipment
- Assist with governance of City of Fremont related matters including obtaining Hazardous material permit, fire/sprinkler inspection.
- Assist with reconciling R&D expenses including compiling a monthly expense report in Concur
- Assist with onboarding on new employees at Fremont
- Assist with arranging customer meetings at the office including organizing meals for meetings
- Assist with organizing company events
- Ensure that health and safety protocols in the office are compliant to government edicts and up to date.
- Assist with paperwork related to IP management of Brooks Instrument
- Assist with ordering stationery and furniture as needed
- Assist with coordinating with landlord on tasks related to maintenance of office (e.g., air conditioning, electrical systems, roofing etc)
- Assisting with maintaining procedures/office management systems
- Assist with mailing/shipping of packages/equipment/parts between Fremont and Hatfield and also between Brooks and customers.
- Partner with HR at Brooks Hatfield to maintain office policies as necessary
- Coordinate with IT department on maintenance of all IT equipment in the office
- In the Customer Support role:
- Provide critical support to Hatfield, PA based Customer Service Department in entering customer orders and providing order acknowledgements
- Track shipments and provide updates to customers as needed
- Respond to customer enquiries on Customer Service Hotline between 2pm to 5pm PST
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven office management, administrative, or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent.
- Three plus years of related work experience preferred.
- Knowledge in PC applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.