- 701 S Ridge Ave, Troy, OH 45373, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
This position is responsible for ensuring quality and consistent delivery of training to our service technicians for equipment products and technical publications. The incumbent works closely with leaders across all ITW Food Equipment business units to understand business needs and evaluate training solutions. This is a Troy; OH based position and will report to the VP of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role is responsible for developing business focused curriculum and will manage the training organization. The focus will be to drive the overall business and training strategy. Enabling a growth culture that meets business needs and fosters continuous learning that will engage and retain employees in support of Hobart Service.
- Drive the overall training strategy for the Hobart Service division, from conception to execution. This includes design, development, deliver and evaluation of training programs.
- Explore current trends regarding training technologies through interfacing with training associations and other service industries.
- Lead the development of technical training information and documents.
- Manage Technical publications team to ensure accurate customer and internal updates are communicated timely.
- Partner with 3rd party administrators as needed. IE: Manage Parts Catalog development.
- Fosters operational excellence, continuous improvement, and optimal performance in the Hobart Service Training and Technical Publications departments.
- Responsible for annual operating budget to ensure maximum effectiveness, efficiency and cost control while delivering required programs and services.
Provide Department Leadership by:
- Direct and lead the Service Training Department using the ITW values and Leadership Expectations.
- Evaluate and improve program curriculum effectiveness by analyzing defined metrics, testing and user feedback.
- Build effective relationships quickly across departments and create an environment of accountability and excellence in training and development.
- Execute strategies for Development and Training vision.
- Experience using Learning Management Systems.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, connect and engage at all levels of the organization.
- Full scale project management experience: including - Develops project plans, Coordinates projects, Complete projects on time and budget
- Innovative and creative thinking to meet internal and external challenges.
- This position has multiple direct reports:
- Tech Pubs
- Human Capital Manager
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development, Education, Industrial Management/Psychology, or related field.
- 8-10 years of related experience and/or training are required.
- Experience in the Food Equipment Service industry is preferred.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience developing strategic plans
- Instructional design and delivery experience
- Multi-media production and other technology-based training
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence across Service and FEG
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office and Adobe programs.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Travel up to 25%
- 5 years as a Service Training Instructor
- Strong understanding of the Service field organization operations and requirements
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.