Accounts Payable Specialist
- 420 Decker Dr, Irving, TX 75062, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $12.6 billion in 2020. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW is a great employer with a distinct culture that empowers our people to think and act like entrepreneurs within ITW’s strategic framework. This decentralized, entrepreneurial culture is one component of the powerful and highly differentiated ITW Business Model. Commitment to our core values, safety and our culture is a competitive advantage for the company, and we are committed to fully leveraging its strength.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
Responsible for full cycle accounts payable including maintenance of vendors W-9’s and 1099 status, processing of invoices, and assisting with weekly check run. Freight liaison between division, carriers and freight auditor. Approve expense reports and enforce the p-card program. This position also supports the month end close process through accurate and timely posting of invoices, tracking invoices and accounts associated with monthly accruals, communicating with manager about month expenses that affect financial statements.
- Administer Accounts Payable for the division
- Ensure approval compliance for all vendor invoices in accordance with the expenditure authorization policy (EAP)
- Match invoices with all necessary supporting documents
- Enter all invoices, including both capital and expense invoices, into the accounting system on a timely basis
- Analyze expenses and investigate variances; research and resolve accounts payable issues with vendors
- Assist with the weekly check run, including identifying vendors to be paid based on terms, matching checks with invoices, obtaining required signatures for checks and mailing payments to vendors
- Assist with wire transfer and ACH payments and recording payments in the accounting system based on information from the banking website
- Responsible for new vendor setup, including obtaining vendor W’9, TIN verification, and setting up new vendor in the accounting system
- Maintain vendor master files, updating vendor W’9 and 1099 Status
- Assist in month end accruals through tracking unbilled invoices
- Administer freight for the division
- Serve as the main contact for freight questions from carriers, freight auditor and division operations personnel
- Resolve freight invoice questions and other general issues
- Work through client resolution and exception files from freight audit daily
- Ensure terms, bill to, ship to on invoice match our Bill of Lading
- Recognize issues and perform self-directed analysis to resolve or elevate to next level
- Perform administrative duties to include maintaining and filing of departmental records, retrieving files, and printing reports
- Utilize ITW Toolbox to drive simplification of accounts payable processes and procedures
- Strict adherence to division and corporate financial, safety and other policy and procedures
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to communicate clearly, both orally and through written communication, with vendors and internal division personnel
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Able to understand financial statements
- Able to work independently and know when to elevate issues for resolution
- Able to influence behaviors of non-accounting division personnel
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Process improvement and documentation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma
- Full cycle A/P process experience
- Vendor master list review and maintenance
- 7+ years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Experience with freight, shipping/billing terms, and Incoterms
- Experience with sales and use tax returns
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.