Plant Manager-Norcross, GA
- 6385 Atlantic Blvd, Norcross, GA 30071, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $12.6 billion in 2020. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 45,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW is a great employer with a distinct culture that empowers our people to think and act like entrepreneurs within ITW’s strategic framework. This decentralized, entrepreneurial culture is one component of the powerful and highly differentiated ITW Business Model. Commitment to our core values, safety and our culture is a competitive advantage for the company, and we are committed to fully leveraging its strength.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded adhesives, sealants, and coating solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, and Elastek®.
ITW Polymers Sealants is searching for a dynamic Plant Manager to lead and oversee the plant activities of our Norcross, GA tape manufacturing facility. The position will be accountable for all aspects of plant performance and will ensure that plant objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that is consistent with quality requirements. In addition, the position will be accountable for driving productivity improvements through effective change management.
- Maintain a positive and proactive safety culture
- Promote, support, and adhere to all safety, environmental and quality related policies and procedures
- Understands and continually implements the ITW Toolbox to improve manufacturing processes
- Drive productivity improvements and in lining opportunities to improve overall plant operations and conversion costs
- Understands and drives continuous improvement initiatives including 5s and visual work concepts
- Develops and maintains manufacturing operations business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, and cycle and production costs
- Provides operational leadership in support of the Polymers short- and long-term growth initiatives
- Establish performance goals for all operation department employees and monitors performance on a continual basis
- Continually monitor key performance indicators such as OTIF, Months on Hand, Slow Moving and Obsolete, Safety and take action when indicators are outside of set guidelines
- Provide input to the development of product strategy and research and development of new and emerging products
- Assists Director of Operations in establishing production and quality standards, developing budget and cost controls, and developing data regarding types, quantities, specifications and delivery dates of the Divisions products
- Assists Director of Operations in coordinating manufacturing activities with all functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment
- Implements and utilizes both Kanban and MRD at Divisions plant locations
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Effective Project management skills/experience
- Experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques
- Participative management type – advocates team concept.
- Experience in successfully driving change and productivity improvement through effective change management practices
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive – but able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple business considerations
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with varied temperatures
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years’ experience in plant leadership position
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
- Experienced in 80/20 methodologies
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.