- 41 Waukegan Rd, Lake Bluff, IL 60044, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Buehler’s parent company, ITW, is a Fortune 200 global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
- Design electrical systems for new product development from concept phase through production to meet external and internal customer needs
- Complete product design risk assessments (FMEA and safety risk assessments) on product designs & incorporate findings to minimize risk
- Create test procedures, oversee testing, and analyze results
- Support the development of quality, manufacturing, and supplier inspection procedures
- Update and revise documentation and engineering drawings. Prepare and submit engineering change notices
- Provide engineering support for commercialized products and conduct root cause analysis and system diagnostics to solve manufacturing or field issues. Recommend, implement, and track the performance of solutions and design changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 1-2 years of experience in designing circuit boards (layout + schematics); experience with test & measurement systems is a plus
- Good understanding of required regulatory compliance and safety requirements
- Experience in analog + digital signal designs; experience in the use of microcontrollers is a plus
- Knowledge of power circuitries, motor controls and sensors
- Experience with OrCAD, SiliconExpert, Microsoft Navision and Microsoft SharePoint
- Ability to work independently as well as within project teams to perform duties in a timely manner
- Strong will to solve technical challenging tasks and good communication skills
- Ability to combine an analytical approach with a hands-on mentality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.