- 420 Decker Dr, Irving, TX 75062, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $12.6 billion in 2020. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW is a great employer with a distinct culture that empowers our people to think and act like entrepreneurs within ITW’s strategic framework. This decentralized, entrepreneurial culture is one component of the powerful and highly differentiated ITW Business Model. Commitment to our core values, safety and our culture is a competitive advantage for the company, and we are committed to fully leveraging its strength.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for functions ranging from financial reporting and analysis, internal accounting controls, compliance with financial policies, operating analysis and reporting, management, coaching and development of 3-5 accounting team members. The successful candidate will have exceptional skills in the areas outlined above, as well as a solid understanding of IT business systems. This position reports to the Division Controller.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting of business and financial information in compliance with ITW policies and US GAAP
- Lead the completion of monthly, quarterly and year end close and consolidation procedures while maintaining high level of accuracy
- Analyze financial statements monthly and report on variances
- Consistent monitoring of internal controls in accordance with ITW policies
- Effectively communicate and coordinate the exchange of financial information (plan, forecast, actual results) to key stakeholders
- Supports Division Controller and leadership team to achieve division goals and objectives, including the annual operating plan, long range strategic plans, capital investments and other ad hoc projects
- Identify, lead, coach, and develop talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals and aligned with ITW culture of Respect, Integrity, Trust, Shared Risk, and Simplification
- Drive process improvement initiatives through collaboration and partnering with other functions to drive operational efficiency and optimize performance
- Ensures the documentation of accounting processes is in place and regularly updated
- Coordinates internal and external audits as well as other corporate requests
- Other responsibilities: sales & use tax filings, account reconciliations, ad hoc projects
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and regulations as well as understanding of general ledger structure
- Understands and applies accounting principles and practices as well as analysis of financial data and reporting
- Strong financial analytical mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, communication, written and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates accountability for results and understands the financial impact of decisions
Drive for Results - Take the initiative to set and achieve challenging work goals. Anticipates problems or opportunities and takes immediate action to address them. Sets high standards of performance, quality, and accountability for oneself.
Communicating with Impact - The position requires accurate communication with others within the business. Expressing thoughts, feelings, and ideas in a clear, succinct, and compelling manner in both individual and group situations; adjusting language to capture the attention of the audience.
Continuous Improvement - The ability to evaluate current processes, and recommend appropriate changes is expected. Determine root causes to problems, produce a selection of possible solutions, and recommend appropriate action, implement the improvement, and monitor results of the improvement are important in this area.
Develops/Motivates Others - Coach, teach, mentor, and manage others so they can work more effectively and ultimately take on more responsibility. Provide feedback and direction, delegate as appropriate, and provide stretch opportunities for the development of others.
Teamwork – Participate as a leader, or member of a team. This includes supporting the ideas of others when appropriate, challenging others to creatively reach consensus, and involving others to participate in solutions to business issues. The ability to gain trust and build confidence is important to this competency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or business administration required
- 7+ years of accounting experience
- Manufacturing environment experience required
- CMA or CPA preferred
- Cost accounting experience a plus
- Experience with the supervision and professional development of direct reports including Sr Accountant, A/R, A/P, and Inventory
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.