Product Marketing Manager
- 12055 Cutten Rd, Houston, TX 77066, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW is a great employer with a distinct culture that empowers our people to think and act like entrepreneurs within ITW’s strategic framework. This decentralized, entrepreneurial culture is one component of the powerful and highly differentiated ITW Business Model. Commitment to our core values, safety and our culture is a competitive advantage for the company, and we are committed to fully leveraging its strength.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for managing a portion of the division’s product portfolio, including the revenue and profitability goals. They will have responsibilities for new product development, pricing, value propositions, and portfolio management. In addition, they will be key contributors to the development of the strategic plan, leveraging primary and secondary customer research (VOC) techniques.
- Own the segments that they support, including the products and go-to-market. Work closely with Sales on channel strategy. Be the “CEO” of the product lines within the segment, by developing and executing the overall strategy / roadmap of the product line in line with the division’s strategy and by maximizing profitability of the segment.
- Have a deep understanding of the market needs and the competitive offerings through primary and secondary research methods. Use this understanding to develop clear quantified value propositions versus the next best alternative. Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to effectively communicate these value propositions into the market.
- Develop business cases and product requirements for new products, with clear value propositions for the customer and competitive differentiation that leads to financial success for the company. Work alongside a high-performance product development team though all product development stages to ensure successful product launch.
- Drive new product launches through the development and implementation of commercialization plans to include forecasting volumes, defining/implementing market tests, monitoring sales analyses and conducting educational sessions to both internal (sales team) and external (channel, end user) customers.
- Develop deep competitive knowledge to leverage when implementing own product & positioning strategies.
- Devise and create marketing campaigns to drive lead generation and conversion, lead nurturing and brand awareness.
- Support channel partner programs with marketing collateral and product positioning.
- Participate in industry tradeshows, conferences and seminars.
- Select and set priorities for process, price and margin improvement projects using the ITW toolbox (FTB 80/20, PLS, USa, etc.) working with the operations & supply chain teams.
- Must have a desire to travel as required. Travel amounts will vary depending on where the product is in the life cycle and could involve anything from day trips to week-long trips. Expect on the order of 25% travel.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proven success in taking a product from Concept stage through Launch.
- Must have a passion for product ownership and business development.
- Proven ability to drive margin improvement through value pricing.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of thriving in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to deliver results through exceptional project management skills and natural leadership capabilities.
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Science or Marketing.
- MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in product and channel management in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in new product development and commercialization.
- A strong understanding and appreciation for chemical products in assigned markets.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.