Human Resources Manager
- 56 Air Station Industrial Park, Rockland, MA 02370, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $12.6 billion in 2020. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW is a great employer with a distinct culture that empowers our people to think and act like entrepreneurs within ITW’s strategic framework. This decentralized, entrepreneurial culture is one component of the powerful and highly differentiated ITW Business Model. Commitment to our core values, safety and our culture is a competitive advantage for the company, and we are committed to fully leveraging its strength.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
The Human Resources Manager is a business partner that will help drive strategic talent initiatives across our division. The HR Manager role is a hands-on and a collaborative role that requires great attention to detail and high level of confidentiality.
Enterprise Strategy & 80/20 Objectives
- Establish competency, leadership and credibility necessary to be a partner and key contributor while delivering great results within HR and the sites you support
- Develop an understanding of the ITW Business Model with the ability to implement meaningful change based on business unit and division strategic priorities
- Partnership with plant operations leadership team to support 80 focus areas
- Be able to effectively communicate and/or lead changes impacting the business
Human Resource Management
- Effectively manage all areas of the HR function for your client groups from managing daily and tactical tasks to effectively leading the strategic elements such as workforce planning, morale/culture, change management and risk mitigation.
- Partner with Division HR Director for execution of annual talent management cycle
- Partner with operations leadership while assuming local management leadership role for plant operations
- Initiate, support and drive change, as needed throughout the business
- Revise and/or create, implement, and effectively communicate human resource or people related processes and policies
- Interpret, report and manage compliance with the applicable state/country laws and regulation
- Engage with local and division leadership regarding employee needs within plant and division
- Execute division recruitment process; partner with managers and lead all phases of the recruitment process
- Develop recruitment strategies for exempt and non-exempt roles
- Proactive and regular review of non-exempt workforce planning needs to ensure staffing levels meet production needs
Training & Development
- Manage the identification and development of "High Potential" employees, working with management and corporate leaders for intentional development
- Identify, design and deliver training and mentoring programs that promote employee development and engagement
- Managerial courage to identify and coach managers and/or leaders in real time
- Manage performance review process for all employees, including performance issues of individuals and teams
- Facilitate, counsel and coach employees and managers to resolution regarding employee relations
- Partner, notify and/or elevate sensitive employee relations matters to Division HR Director and/or Corporate HR ensuring a shared risk approach
- Responsible for FMLA, STD and LTD administration, leveraging Corporate HR as needed
Compensation & Benefits
- Coordinate compensation review process for promotions, merit increases and bonus plans
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary, as well as the ability to build networks of contacts externally and internally
- Ability to link company/business objectives to HR strategies
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment, ability to work independently and function well in a team environment
- High level of intellectual curiosity with ability to find problems and provide solutions
- Strategic thinking with ability to accelerate and influence change
- Excellent time and project management capabilities, must have a sense of urgency, able to prioritize including the ability to manage competing priorities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive HR generalist experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or an HR-related field
- 7+ years of progressive HR Generalist experience, preferably with at least one previous leadership role
- Prior manufacturing experience
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.