Business Unit Controller
- 10900 SW Avery St, Tualatin, OR 97062, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
We are a commercial kitchen ventilation manufacturing company located in beautiful Tualatin, Oregon! Gaylord Industries, a business unit of ITW has been around for more than 50 years. What sets us apart? An amazing benefits/compensation package! Our benefit package is quite competitive, comprehensive, and affordable for you and your family. Other perks: great culture, a 7.5% employer 401K contribution, promotional opportunities available as we are part of a global organization, and more!
Onboarding experience: Our current Controller (retiring) will provide you a smooth onboarding experience/transition into the role.
Compensation: $110000 - $135000 / year
Minimum Qualifications Required
- BS in Accounting (MBA and/or CMA/CPA preferred, but not required)
- Substantial and successful experience in finance and accounting in manufacturing/fabrication company environment.
- 4+ years in finance/accounting leadership role across multiple financial functions including: Accounting: AR, AP, GL, cost accounting, financial processes, internal controls
- Experience in public and multinational companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment and solve practical business problems in a prompt manner and often under tight deadlines.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- High emotional intelligence and cultural awareness.
- Commercially aware, able to tell a business story with numbers.
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Contribute to the vision and implementation of strategic long-range plans, capital investments, and special projects.
- Complete financial aspects of long-range plans and annual operating plans and assist in preparation for presentation to upper management.
- Prepare and report financial outlooks every month with collaboration from the other business leaders.
- Build cross-department credibility, confidence, and collaboration with other functional areas and sister facilities.
Financial Reporting and Control:
- Learn and apply the ITW business model to eliminate complexity and improve the profitability of the division.
- Prepare and review all financial statements and outlooks in conjunction with the Director of Operations and leadership team.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of business financial information in compliance with ITW policies and GAAP.
- Coordinate monthly close to ensure timely preparation and issuance of financial statements and analysis.
- Manage and control the financial activities, transactions, and resources (people and process) of the facility.
- Maintain a strong internal control environment.
Operating Analysis and Planning:
- Be a strategic business partner to the General Manager and business unit leadership team, acting as a business advisor with an influencer mindset.
- Complete bi-annual physical inventory and cost roll, as well as co-leader of inventory accuracy and inventory grading activities.
- Knowledge of and ability to partner with Engineering staff in BOM development and management.
- Partner with Sales & Marketing to develop and execute profitable customer growth strategies.
- Partner with Operations to drive manufacturing and materials efficiencies.
- Provide measurable and accurate financial targets to evaluate the financial performance of the business.
Capital Management and Growth Investment Analysis:
- Responsible for review of economic analysis of customer programs, contracts and proposals.
- Evaluate projects that support additional investment or enhance the current development of assets and resources with the goal of improving the profitability of the organization.
- People Leadership & Talent Development:
- Manage staff and establish working relationship with other key division & FEG financial players.
- Identify, lead, and develop talent in order to maximize individual, team, and organizational effectiveness in meeting organizational goals.
- Act with integrity and candor in all areas of influence.
Gaylord Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.