- 475 N Gary Ave, Carol Stream, IL 60188, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ITW IDS offers exciting career opportunities across the U.S. and abroad. At IDS our employees experience a small company, family-like atmosphere. We empower all of our employees to “Make Their Mark” in the organization by adopting the entrepreneurial culture.
The ITW IDS team is a global network of highly talented individuals. We could not be a true total solution provider of hot stamp, heat transfer, seat seal, pad print and digital technology without our team of smart, dedicated individuals. We understand that taking good care of our talent is essential to our ability to meet client needs in the years ahead.
· Build, test, and troubleshoot all standard industrial machines per blueprints and direction. May cross-train and build some less complex automation machines.
· Assist in rough conceptualization to build machines.
· Design and manufacture safety guarding for standard machines as required.
· Pack, crate, and ship machines.
· Manually machine parts to close tolerances as required for building machines or to repair machine system.
· Tear down and refurbish existing systems. Clean, replace parts, adjust, etc.
· Know tooling & fixtures and how they affect print quality.
· Travel occasionally to customer sites as required to install, re-test, or repair machines.
· Perform basic electrical wiring or troubleshooting to fix problems at customer sites. Work in a safe and efficient manner.
· Write basic reports of trips and/or meetings with customers.
· Work in a safe and efficient manner.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education: Technical vocational school certificate or associates degree or equivalent experience in mechanical/pneumatic assembly or repair. Electrical and/or electronic training or experience is preferred.
· 1-2 years industrial machine assembly including strong mechanical, pneumatic testing and debugging. Service experience a plus. Electrical a plus, but not required. Experience with most varieties of hand and power tools.
· 1-2 years experience as machinist and/or Toolmaker. Work with close tolerances (.001”).
· Valid driver’s license required.
· Effective communication skills required to follow direction, work in a team, and discuss machines with customers and coworkers.
· Basic personal computer skills required.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
Hand tools, drills, grinders, lathe, horizontal mill, digital multi-meter, ohm meter, and material handling equipment including forklift.
Regularly required to lift and carry items up to 25 lbs. May occasionally lift up to 75 lbs. Regularly required to communicate by telephone and in person. Frequently required to stand, sit, crawl under machines for long periods of time on various types of flooring; regularly required to operate equipment, walk and sit. May also be required to exert force to loosen and/or tighten or remove objects from equipment using various parts of the body for leverage. Will work with cleaning solvents, thinners and inks, and may be exposed to occasional loud noise. Must be able to travel occasionally on short notice.
Continuously or frequently required to calculate, communicate verbally, compare, detect, diagnose, inspect, interpret, measure, observe, prioritize, read, speak, and use good judgment.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids that may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
Computer, Microsoft Office Suite, calculator, telephone, scanners, printers.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: None
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated" is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
All activities, demands, conditions and requirements are linked to essential job functions.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.