Design Drafter - Mechanical Engineers, please apply!
- 585 Cobb Ave, Kennesaw, GA 30144, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Are you a Mechanical Engineer graduate, self-motivated, and looking to join a teamwork-oriented company with excellent benefits? Apply today! ITW Gaylord is an equal employment opportunity employer that designs and manufactures commercial kitchen ventilation.
Compensation: $20 - $30 / hour and to commensurate with experience.
Required: ME / MET degree and to reside in the Atlanta Metro area (remote role in support of a Regional Sales Manager also located in the Atlanta Metro area.)
Development Opportunity: We are looking to find a Design Drafter that is excited to learn and grow with us at Gaylord. The long-term goal is to adjust/promote this role into a Sales Engineer.
· AutoCAD 2D production experience is required (2014 or newer)
· 3D Solid Modeling experience; i.e. Revit
Skills / Ability
· Proficient in mechanical drafting and design in AutoCAD 2D (2014 or newer)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
· Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong math background
· Read and understand blueprints
· Detail Oriented
· Problem solving skills
· High Aptitude for creating sense of urgency, accuracy and responsiveness
· Good organizational and time management skills
· Work independently
· Skills to self-check work for completeness and accuracy of work produced
· Results Driven
· Teamwork oriented
· Knowledge of 2D and 3D drafting standards.
· Ability to read and comprehend floor plans, kitchen layouts, mechanical blueprints and specifications
· Basic understanding of electrical drawings
· HVAC experience
· REVIT 3D Solid Modeling experience desired
· Knowledge or experience with fire suppression support in both design and code compliance issues.
· Exposure to manufacturing
Create and design equipment, mechanisms, and optional features for new and existing product, providing drawings and layouts reflecting concern for function, costs, manufacturability, and quality. Create and complete documentation updates as assigned by Sales Engineers. Position will report to Design Drafting Team Lead or Sales Manager.
Read and interpret floor plans and kitchen layouts to design and complete detailed 2D AutoCAD drawings of commercial kitchen hoods, pollution control units and utility distribution systems. Assists Design personnel in the preparation and carrying out of original or adaptations of designs and design changes necessitated by customer requirements, inadequate tolerances and/or general manufacturing problems.
· Read floor plans and kitchen layouts; interpret into standard designs.
· Design and draw Fire Suppression.
· Design non-standard wiring diagrams.
· Coordinate specific requirements with customer and clients.
· Assist Sales Team with design issues and customer concerns.
· Assist production personnel with resolving product design issues.
· Assist Sales Team with quoting when necessary
· Create and complete designs as assigned in 2D and 3D to meet cost targets.
· Create bills of material.
· Create/assist with product structures.
· Assist in prototype construction as necessary.
· Assist members of Design Drafting & Engineering Teams by providing layouts, sketches, calculations and tolerance studies as needed.
· Assist with part procurement and construction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing this job the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands and fingers to feel, handle.
· Employee is occasionally required to walk or operate office equipment and reach with hands and arms.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include: vision and ability to adjust and focus, in order to read floor plans, kitchen layouts, mechanical blueprints and specifications.
· Sit at a desk and work on a computer for several hours per day.
· Occasionally lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
· Remote Office Environment
· Flexible work schedule required, which may include overtime to meet tight deadlines
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.