- 6875 Parkland Blvd, Solon, OH 44139, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Permatex, Inc. a division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW); is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Core brands include: Permatex®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, the Right Stuff® and Devcon® Home.
We are currently seeking candidates for a 2nd shift Material Handler in the Distribution Department. Hours will be 3:00pm – 11:00pm, Monday – Friday.
The Material Handler is responsible for the following:
- Required to accurately pick, check, and transport customer orders to designated location in a timely manner.
- Required to prepare customer orders for shipment using the most efficient, effective and economical method to meet D.O.T. packaging requirements and customer needs.
- Required to label and fill air/ocean/truck freight following domestic and international regulations.
- Must possess experience in operating all Material Handling Equipment: low-lift, sit-down, and hi-lift; and must follow all lift safety guidelines and procedures and obtain certification for same.
- Will be responsible to actively participate in our S.T.O.P. SAFETY PROGRAM.
- Will be required to interact with numerous associates and Carrier contacts, and interact in a clear, concise, professional manner. Must be able to prioritize workflow.
- Good math skills are a must.
- Will be expected to keep assigned areas clean on a consistent basis.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- The selected individual will possess a high school diploma or equivalent with a preferred minimum of 2 years prior Shipping and Warehouse experience.
- Must have low-lift forklift experience
Pay Rate: $16 - $19 an hour depending on experience. Plus a $.50 hourly shift differiental for 2nd shift.
Permatex is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. Permatex invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing [email protected] . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.