Senior Controls Engineer
- 475 N Gary Ave, Carol Stream, IL 60188, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW IDS offers exciting career opportunities across the U.S. and abroad. At IDS our employees experience a small company, family-like atmosphere. We empower all of our employees to “Make Their Mark” in the organization by adopting the entrepreneurial culture.
The ITW IDS team is a global network of highly talented individuals. We could not be a true total solution provider of hot stamp, heat transfer, seat seal, pad print and digital technology without our team of smart, dedicated individuals. We understand that taking good care of our talent is essential to our ability to meet client needs in the years ahead.
1. Use Allen Bradley software to design and program PLCs and HMIs for multi-station made-to-order automation systems using Trans Tech standards. Program PLC’s using ladder logic with structured, clear programming and program HMI’s using design standards. Apply broad knowledge of technical principles and practices to define appropriate system concepts and to design systems that are fit-for-purpose in terms of safety, performance and reliability.
2. Use SolidWorks Electrical to design electrical schematics including controls, safety and power circuits, pneumatic systems, bill of materials and panel layouts for new made-to-order automation systems per internal and customer specifications. Work with Mechanical Engineers to integrate the electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical designs.
3. Test, troubleshoot and debug made-to-order automation systems utilizing internal test scripts and customer provided factory acceptance test protocols.
4. Provide leadership to and work with other Controls Engineers in creating and updating Trans Tech programming standards for PLCs and HMIs, design standards for electrical/pneumatic systems.
5. Create and edit operation and troubleshooting manuals for made-to-order automation systems.
6. Support Service Group in troubleshooting issues with existing, installed standard products and made-to-order automations out in the field, using Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC and HMI software.
7. Support Application Group with costing, electrical and controls concepts for new applications.
8. Participate in project and design review meetings as required. Meet project budget, schedule, and deadlines.
9. Participate in ITW Toolbox projects,
10. Travel and interface with customer and Trans Tech resources as required to understand customer needs and troubleshoot controls issues at customer sites.
11. Adhere to site safety policies and actively contribute to safety improvement efforts.
12. Ability to provide technical guidance and mentorship to professional personnel in area of expertise
13. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals
14. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering preferred. Minimum Associates/technical degree with equivalent technical experience and demonstrated competence; additional post-graduate education may contribute toward the desired years of experience; typically requires 7+ years of significant engineering and operational experience to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.