Strategic Sourcing Leader
- 420 Decker Dr, Irving, TX 75062, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $12.6 billion in 2020. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW is a great employer with a distinct culture that empowers our people to think and act like entrepreneurs within ITW’s strategic framework. This decentralized, entrepreneurial culture is one component of the powerful and highly differentiated ITW Business Model. Commitment to our core values, safety and our culture is a competitive advantage for the company, and we are committed to fully leveraging its strength.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
LOCATION: Irving, TX; Houston, TX; or Rockland, MA
Own and champion the development and implementation of ITW PSNA’s strategic sourcing strategy while contributing toward the development of the category strategy at the division level and drive related cost reduction initiatives.
- In cooperation with R&D, select sources for “80” raw materials for the best possible cost (RFP’s, sourcing savings projects, rebates, growth discounts). Research alternatives to current sources and build business case for their approval.
- Compile data on price trends on “80” categories and generate price forecasts that allow the division to anticipate margin erosion or to exploit any favorable trends. Understand the dynamics of those trends to anticipate their effects.
- Develop a deep understanding of the TCO of our “80” raw materials and processes. Perform make vs buy analyses when pertinent.
- Engage with Operations in the management of the Kanban system. Ensure that reorder points and order quantities are consistent with suppliers’ MoQ’s and lead times, and with any out of the ordinary situations that might require temporary measures.
- Resolve with supplier any situation arising from non-conforming material. Document resolutions and follow up until closure.
- Familiarize with the “80” technologies used in the division. Develop enough working knowledge to be able to have meaningful discussions with suppliers, R&D and Marketing/Innovation. Leverage supplier relationships and propose new products or technologies that can improve our value proposition. Support cost analysis in the early stages of NPD and validate cost assumptions.
- Support freight optimization efforts, trade compliance and conflict minerals compliance.
- Prepare, coordinate and lead negotiations with suppliers. Negotiate agreements to achieve results that support sourcing strategies and ITW PSNA business objectives.
- Develop category specific strategies, understand relevant internal and external data, and create product/supply risk assessments. Apply 80/20 in prioritizing and where to lay the focus on spend management.
- Summarize data analysis and purchasing expertise to develop strategic sourcing strategies. Key elements of this include effective strategy execution, monitoring results and renewing the strategy as market conditions evolve.
- Manage supplier relationships by developing supplier programs and identifying continuous improvement initiatives. Track supplier performance (including financial) and provide feedback. Look for opportunities to build business relationships by matching supplier capabilities with ITW business objectives.
- Use an Enterprise-First mindset to leverage the scale of ITW’s cross-divisional and cross segment spend to optimize the value obtain from the supply base.
- Ensure that any direct reports are properly trained and coached not only in their direct responsibilities, but also on the ITW toolbox and the different Enterprise initiatives.
- Support Corporate driven activities including but not limited to project tracker maintenance, managing relationships with the extended sourcing community, spend data and conflict minerals.
- Ability to travel 25 -30% is required in relation to meetings with corporate strategic sourcing activities and visits to other ITW Polymers Sealants locations and/ or Suppliers.
- Additional responsibilities that are not necessarily part of a “traditional” procurement role include trade compliance and logistics.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to understand chemistry category specific business, technology, and government trends. Ability to understand supply market and alternative/competition products within the industry.
- Ability to identify, assess and execute savings initiatives beyond the traditional Raw Material price negotiations (e.g., formulation optimization, Value Analysis/Value Engineering) and to successfully work cross-functionally (primarily R&D) to get these non-traditional projects completed.
- Ability to understand financial concepts, invoicing, accounts payable and other financial business processes. Interprets financial data, analyzes cost structures, and determines financial impacts of decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, both business and technical nature with strong presentation skills.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently under tight timescales.
- Strong Microsoft Office and ERP-system skills required.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree (e.g., Supply Chain Management) or equivalent plus 7 – 10 year’s proven experience in professional sourcing and purchasing in an international industrial business. MBA helpful.
- Previous category management/strategic sourcing experience with knowledge of business improvement techniques and their practical application.
- Chemical purchasing experience required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.