- 123 Any Street, Boston, MA, United States
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW is a Great Employer – with a distinct culture that empowers our people to think and act like entrepreneurs within ITW’s strategic framework. This decentralized, entrepreneurial culture is one component of the powerful and highly differentiated ITW Business Model. Commitment to our core values, safety and our culture is a competitive advantage for the company, and we are committed to fully leveraging its strength.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
56 Air Station Industrial Park, Rockland, MA 02370, USA
This position will report to the Operational Excellence Manager and help to help ensure the facility and equipment are safe and efficient for all employees.
- Act as first line Maintenance resource.
- Works with Plant Manager, EH&S Manager and Operations Team to utilize the ITW Tool box in implementing systems and procedures to improve efficiency of equipment and facility.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of all machines and the facility. Troubleshoot equipment problems in the factory as well as HVAC, lighting, plumbing, electrical, chiller, boiler, etc.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of the Maintenance Department.
- Work with outside contractors on scheduling projects and annual inspections.
- Update and monitor preventive maintenance system to ensure all PM’s are completed and work orders generated from PM’s are scheduled and completed. Track equipment histories to ensure correct inventories of repair parts are on the shelf to minimize down time.
- Generate reports of equipment maintenance and repairs and keep data base updated for third party audits (EPA, DEP, OSHA, and various other parties).
- Ensure all annual inspections and certifications are completed during assigned times and that all reports are filed for review in a third-party audit.
- Work closely with Plant Supervision to ensure individual department equipment needs are prioritized in accordance with safety policies, business needs and are addressed accordingly.
- Work with Environmental, Health & Safety, to establish safe work procedures for equipment operation throughout the plant.
- Expected to work when plant is in production, as well as overtime and weekends if the situation requires.
- Assist in preparing capital expenditure requests as needed.
- Help identify potential issues or improvements to support uptime of equipment.
- Help with 5S of maintenance shop
- Assist in the preparation of EPA, OSHA and FM Global Audits
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Five plus years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- HVAC, Welding, and Electrical Certificate preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong hands-on mechanical, trouble shooting, electrical and pneumatic ability
- Must possess a working knowledge of electricity, mechanics, welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, rigging, and industrial safety
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, bi-lingual is a plus, must be able to read and write English
- Basic math skills
- Forklift license
- Organizational skills
- Ability to handle many types of lubricants and cleaning chemicals
- Familiarity with the basic machine functions