Inside Sales Engineer
- 407 W Vine St, Hatfield, PA 19440, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for an Inside Sales Engineer. This position will be based out of our headquarters location at Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). Brooks maintains manufacturing, sales, and service center facilities around the world, and our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, petro-chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instrumentation, nuclear, and solar cells.
Provide sales support for Brooks’ direct customers, sales engineers, territory managers, and regional managers. Receive customer or sales representative inquiries regarding the company’s products and/or services. Review inquiry and research to obtain necessary information from policies, procedures, and other documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends; identify sales opportunities.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; solicit new accounts; build rapport; provide technical information and explanations; prepare quotations.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Respond by phone, fax or e-mail to customer including requests for quotes, applications, pricing and availability of product.
- Maintain relationships with key customers to support ongoing business and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Assist in product selection, sizing, configuration and pricing of Brooks products to fit the customer’s application.
- Ability to apply the various flow sizing programs and My Team Brooks/CPQ programs for application analysis.
- Support the quote and order placement process to ensure accurate information is provided to the customer and/or order entry in a timely manner.
- Fill orders by verifying and entering information, process orders and expedite in MAPICS when necessary, communicate expected delivery date.
- Develop accounts by checking customer's buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features.
- Maintain and improve quality results by following standards; recommending improved policies and procedures.
- Keep current with technological and competitive developments, update job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplish department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist customers and Sales Representatives with any complaint, using the formal customer complaint process when appropriate.
- Contribute to a team environment by sharing responsibility in support of the outside sales function and support of the outside sales personnel.
- Provide direct technical support to regional managers, representatives, and customers through telephone communication.
- Possess a strong understanding of physics, chemistry, and electronic engineering for application and technical support to customers at various levels of process competency. Aid in developing thorough product knowledge for fitting product to application with reasonable expectation of success.
- The ability to follow all safety procedures.
- Support company continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
Inside Sales Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Technical Understanding, Building Relationships, People Skills, Data Entry Skills, Customer Focus, Professionalism, Motivation for Sales.
- Ideally, this potential candidate would be open to a potential career path to include:
- Interest in advancing into a field sales role
- Willingness to travel
- Open to possibility of relocation for promotional opportunities
Education and Experience
- 4-year Engineering degree preferred.
- Strong technical background preferred; Customer Service background a plus.
- MS Excel proficiency a must.
- Proficient communication skills (both written and verbal) required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills a must.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.