- 9505 Bamboo Rd, Houston, TX 77041, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Valeron Strength Films is one of 80+ divisions under the Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Enterprise.
- ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $12.6 billion in 2020. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has approximately 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
The HR Manager has the opportunity to support employees, partner with management and Valeron’s global HR team to drive execution of the ITW Business Model and Valeron Strategic Intent. The HR Manager will be highly engaged with the local plant operations management team, be able to initiate change, lead improvement efforts and be knowledgeable in all areas of human resources. As a key member of a 3-person local management team, this person is responsible for all critical Human Resource related processes, training and people management necessary to ensure all operational goals and performance metrics are met. Additionally, you will be expected to understand the ITW Business Model, Valeron’s divisional strategy and priorities and contribute to the local management team in both a direct and consultancy manner. Participation in the development of and implementation of human resources strategies is expected in this role.
Must be able to work collaboratively with peers, managers and internal/external customers while developing innovative human resource strategies that complement the Company’s strategic priorities – ‘the 80’. Must be able to demonstrate strong communication skills, effective management, and leadership skills, and have a commitment to diversity and inclusion. The HR Manager will report to Global Director of HR based in Houston, Texas.
Enterprise Strategy & 80/20 Objectives
- Establish competency, leadership and credibility with Plant Manager and Plant Controller necessary to be a partner and key contributor to the overall site leadership team while delivering great results within your primary function as well as for the Houston Operation.
- Develop an understanding of the ITW Business Model with the ability to implement meaningful change based on business unit and division strategic priorities
- Partnership with plant operations leadership team to support HR and Operations 80 focus
- Be able to effectively communicate and/or lead changes impacting the business
Human Resource Management
- Effectively manage all areas of the HR function in Houston from managing daily and tactical tasks to effectively leading the strategic elements such as workforce planning, morale/culture, change management and risk mitigation.
- Partner with Global HR Director for execution of annual talent management cycle
- Partner with operations leadership while assuming local management leadership role for plant operations
- Initiate, support and drive change, as needed throughout the business
- Revise and/or create, implement, and effectively communicate human resource or people related processes and policies
- Interpret, report and manage compliance with the applicable state/country laws and regulation
- Engaged with local and division leadership regarding employee needs within plant and division
- Execute Valeron’s recruitment process; partner with managers and lead all phases of the recruitment process
- Develop recruitment strategies for exempt and non-exempt roles
- Proactive and regular review of non-exempt workforce planning needs to ensure staffing levels meet production needs
Training & Development
- Manage the identification and development of "High Potential" employees, working with management and corporate leaders for intentional development
- Identify, design and deliver training and mentoring programs that promote employee development and engagement
- Non-Exempt: Production Employee Training solutions
- Exempt: ITW Business Model Education, Leadership & Management Foundations
- Managerial courage to identify and coach managers and/or leaders in real time
- Manage performance review process for all employees, including performance issues of individuals and teams
- Facilitate, counsel and coach employees and managers to resolution regarding employee relations
- Partner, notify and/or elevate sensitive employee relations matters to Division HR Director and/or Corporate HR ensuring a shared risk approach
- Responsible for FMLA, STD and LTD administration, leveraging Corporate HR as needed
Compensation & Benefits
- Coordinate compensation review process for promotions, merit increases and bonus plans
- Manage and oversee bi-weekly payroll processing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 5 -7+ years of progressive HR generalist experience, preferably with at least one previous leadership role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary, as well as the ability to build networks of contacts externally and internally
- Ability to link company/business objectives to HR strategies
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment, ability to work independently and function well in a team environment
- High level of intellectual curiosity with ability to find problems and provide solutions
- Strategic thinking with ability to accelerate and influence change
- Excellent time and project management capabilities, must have a sense of urgency, able to prioritize including the ability to manage competing priorities
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred
- HR Certification is a benefit in this role
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.