Product Manager - Low Force Applications
- 825 University Ave, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
At Instron, we build products that ensure safety critical devices and materials stay together…by tearing them apart! We are a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services material testing systems. Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of materials and components.
We’re looking for a passionate Product Manager to join the team working on Low Force Application Frames and Accessories. At Instron, Low Force Applications include anything 50 kN (11,250 lbf) and less which includes everything from raw material testing to syringe testing, to consumer packaging. This role will oversee an important portfolio of products to ensure sustainable differentiation needed to accelerate growth.
You’ll collaborate with a wide range of teams as you provide product training and support to a diverse sales and service organization, guide the creation of marketing collateral and campaigns, make decisions to maintain our high level of customer satisfaction, and influence product design through voice-of-customer work.
Travel to customer sites, technical conferences, exhibitions, and seminars may represent up to 20% of work time (currently limited by COVID-19 restrictions).
Successful applicants should have a technical or scientific graduate education, a passion for technology and customer driven innovation, and product management experience. Additional requirements include:
- A positive attitude focused on understanding, anticipating, and responding to the needs of our customers, both internal and external to the department and organization.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- A global mindset. Must be culturally aware and be able to build constructive and effective relationships across the organization.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to present at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in voice-of-customer work and opportunity evaluation.
- Understanding and experience in B2B capital equipment sales and marketing in a global environment.
- Ability to balance product introduction with product lifecycle management.
- Track record of developing value proposition materials.
- Experience working closely with marketing and sales to deliver testing insights and solutions to end consumers.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.