Customer Support Manager
- 825 University Ave, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
The Customer Support Manager is a key member of Instron’s Service organization and is responsible for providing leadership to the Customer Support Administration group, ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction is met. The Customer Support Manager oversees all administrative/customer-facing activities associated with the Service Management System, including but not limited to understanding the database organization, maintaining data integrity, and establishing processes aimed at creating efficiency.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leads the Customer Support Administrators through effective communication, team building, motivation and recognition while using customer satisfaction as a measurement of success.
· Reviews, develops, and simplifies administrative processes and procedures to ensure they are meeting the needs of the business while being done in the most efficient and effective ways.
· Emphasizes simplification to allow for the most accurate data to be recorded while being directly accountable for the management, protection, and distribution of Instron's customer data.
· Offers direction to global users of the Service Management System and provides insight to Service Managers by compiling data to show department’s progress.
· Coordinates with IT to ensure the Service Management System is meeting the business’s needs.
· Handles the more complex customer issues as well as escalated customer calls.
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability Required:
· Strong customer-focused mindset and ability to respond to customer needs with urgency and a sense of priority.
· Thorough understanding of database structure as well as data relationships.
· Strong leadership skills used to set proper employment expectations and adherence to employment policies.
· Ability to direct and influence the work of others to produce the highest quality performance possible.
· Ability to consistently demonstrate sound discretionary judgment, authority, and credibility
Education / Experience Requirements
· Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 5-7 years of experience in a Customer Support environment with increasing responsibility.
· Must have management/supervisory experience.
· A standard office environment with occasional after hours work to implement change with the least impact on the business.
· Possible international travel for extended periods for systems implementation and/or training
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. Enjoy excellent on and off the job training, a competitive salary, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.