- 825 University Ave, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
The production manager for the Engineered Solutions Group (ESG) is responsible for all aspects of our fast paced production environment, including the procurement and manufacturing of all Instron static custom designed frames and accessories as well as our rapidly growing automation segment. This role manages a team of 8-10 technicians, purchasing, and engineering personnel. Responsibilities include:
· Ensure ESG production builds and ships products on time up to the Instron quality standards.
· Lead effort to continuously improve safety and quality in the ESG manufacturing areas.
· Interface with the Business team to meet and report revenue targets
· Work with the Order Scheduling Group to ensure production plans are delivered on time and in line with company’s financial plans.
· Champion efforts to streamline and simplify ESG processes.
· Develop and maintain close working relationships across the organization, particularly standard product manufacturing, accounting, quality, engineering, and logistics in order to develop best practices in all manufacturing areas.
· Manage ESG supply chain to ensure material for builds are delivered in a timely manner.
· Set and manage inventory levels on higher volume custom products.
· Coordinate build activities between project engineers and manufacturing resources. Assist in the troubleshooting of quality and design issues as they are discovered.
Successful candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent experience in low to medium volume production environment. Additional requirements include:
· 3+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
· Ability to thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment is a must.
· Process oriented with proven ability to drive change through an organization.
· Strong technical acumen. Must be able to assist in solving difficult technical issues.
· Aptitude and willingness to work across the organization to meet desired results. Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization ranging from shop floor personnel to senior management.
· A positive attitude focused on understanding, anticipating and responding to the needs of our customers, both internal and external to the department and organization.
· Demonstrated ability with implementation of lean principles in a manufacturing environment. Critical thinking and structured problem solving abilities a plus.
· Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills of personnel in diverse manufacturing applications.
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. Enjoy excellent on and off the job training, a competitive salary, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.