Water Spider (2nd shift)
- 407 W Vine St, Hatfield, PA 19440, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Water Spider (1st shift). This position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
The Water Spider role is a member of the Materials group responsible for all material movements from receiving, to the production lines and inventory locations, to shipping. This role will rotate and perform a full range of activities across the Shipping, Receiving, and Material Attendant departments. Primary focus is to support direct production activities allowing production personnel to focus on value-added work.
- Receive, identify, store, disburse, inventory, closeout and transact materials, supplies and equipment across different departments and product lines.
- Prepare and pack parts and instruments for domestic or export shipments. Verify and enter receipt of incoming material shipments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work from instructions and exercise some judgment to perform required duties.
- Work with computer (bar coding, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Pull parts to pick list requirement, customer orders, and to fill Kan Bans
- Accuracy and attention detail along with problem solving is needed to determine root cause analysis.
- Receive and disburse orders as follows:
- Prepare paperwork to document receipt of incoming materials, compares identifying information and quantities on the packing slip against the purchase order, counts items for verification and indicates discrepancies, maintains computerized inventory data records and paper files, notify proper personnel of incoming materials on a priority basis, deliver materials / packages to appropriate personnel
- Pack and ship orders as follows:
- Verify identifying information on order, check materials for damage, prepare and pack order in accordance with shipping instructions, process shipping and material movement transactions in ERP, prepare shipping closing reports, maintain accurate finished goods inventory
- Key Performance Indicators, established and standardized by the Materials Supervisor, must remain within the acceptable range. The acceptable range will be predetermined and clearly defined by the Materials Supervisor
- Follow all safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Ability to use computer systems including ERP, barcoding, MS office (Work, Excel, Outlook) required
- Strong problem solving and communication skills required
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs approximately 3-5 times per week
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work or stand on your feet for 80% of the workday
- Experience in a similar role is preferred
- Lean and/or Six Sigma experience is preferred
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.