Field Service Technician
- 25 Journey, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Established in 1986, North Star Imaging, Inc. is the leading domestic manufacturer of turn-key 2D Digital X-rayand 3D X-ray Computed Tomography systems for the Industrial Nondestructive Testing industry. As demand continues to increase both nationally and internationally, NSI now operates in five offices across the globe; Minnesota, California, Massachusetts, the United Kingdom and China.
Companies throughout the world rely on NSI's expertise and equipment to create high quality, efficient and profitable products. Become a key player to our growing success and have the opportunity to excel in a high-tech and advancing industry.
NSI Field Service Technical's conduct preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and servicing of industrial x-ray inspection equipment.
Travel to customer site for:
- Diagnosis and repair industrial test equipment; including but not limited to high voltage generators, electrical panels, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Personal Computer (PC), control software and automation components.
- Preventative maintenance, installations as well as emergency service
- Customer training on the proper operation of equipment following an installation.
- 80% travel during the week.
You will also assist customers over the phone with technical problems and troubleshooting and occasionally be on call for phone support.
Successful applicants have a demonstrated ability to
- Read, comprehend and interpret complex technical information involving mechanics and electronics
- Interpret schematic and electrical diagrams
- Use electronic test equipment such as Oscilloscope and Multi-meter
- Communicate effectively
- Resolve technical issues in a highly sensitive environment
This role requires a high level of autonomy, as well as superior organizational, time management and customer service skills. Qualified candidates will have an associates degree in a technical field and over 3 years of experience in field service.
- Passing results on both pre-employment drug and background checks (which includes driving record) are required.
- A valid driver's license is required for this position.
- A good driving record is necessary.
- Must be able to provide proof that you are legally able to work in the United States.
NSI is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, NSI is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.