R&D Software Engineer
- 19875 S Diamond Lake Rd, Rogers, MN 55374, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Established in 1986, North Star Imaging, Inc. is the domestic leading manufacturer of turn-key 2D Digital X-ray and 3D X-ray Computed Tomography systems for the Industrial Nondestructive Testing industry. In late 2010, NSI was acquired by Illinois Tool Works and became part of ITW’s Test and Measurement segment. ITW is a leading diversified manufacturing company with over 100 years of history and over 800 individual business units. As demand continues to increase both nationally and internationally, NSI now operates in six offices across the globe; Minnesota, California, Massachusetts, France, United Kingdom and China.
Companies throughout the world rely on NSI's expertise and equipment to create high quality, efficient and profitable products. Become a key player to our growing success and have the opportunity to excel in a high-tech and advancing industry.
Join NSI’s software team to design and develop the next generation software for X-ray imaging and computed tomography (CT) of industrial parts for non-destructive testing (NDT).
- Develop and support software for use in X-ray imaging and computed tomography acquisition, processing and visualization.
- Develop algorithms for image processing, reconstruction, computer vision and pattern recognition.
- Investigate new technologies and algorithms to improve software performance using parallelization and GPU programming.
- Establish and conduct test plans to validate new software and algorithms.
- Communicate new developments and findings to internal/external customers in the form of presentations, technical reports and patent applications.
- Participate in industry standardization efforts: ASTM, ASME, ISO.
- Develop and support software interaction with a variety of hardware devices: X-ray detectors, X-ray sources, optical cameras, motion components.
- Work within a team to help maintain legacy code and participate in task planning and platform architecture evolution.
- Proficient with C++, C# or Java
- Self-motivated and solid problem-solving abilities
- Good written and spoken communication
- Team player - leverage existing code and teammates, and assist and contribute on other projects/tasks
- Flexible and adaptable to evolving specifications
- Customer-focused with a preference for practical solutions
- Skilled in one or more of:
- GPU programming
- 3D computer graphics
- Image processing
- Computer vision
- Machine learning
- Computed tomography
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Applicants with Master’s or PhD are preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience as a software developer are required.
- Hands-on experience proposing and developing projects from prototype to release is preferred.
Candidate requirements include:
- Passing results on both pre-employment drug and background checks (which includes driving record) are required.
- Must be able to provide proof that you are legally able to work in the United States.
NSI is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, NSI is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.