Gas House Operator
- 56 Air Station Industrial Park, Rockland, MA 02370, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW is a great employer with a distinct culture that empowers our people to think and act like entrepreneurs within ITW’s strategic framework. This decentralized, entrepreneurial culture is one component of the powerful and highly differentiated ITW Business Model. Commitment to our core values, safety and our culture is a competitive advantage for the company, and we are committed to fully leveraging its strength.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
The Gas House Operator is responsible for packaging material in the gas house area (pressurized cylinder filling), working from batch tickets, and following established procedures and regulations. This position will also include unloading or liquid tankers into the ITW tank system.
- Follow all safety procedures
- Perform a variety of production tasks, including equipment setup, and or job setup. This would include but not be limited to adjusting and preparing equipment and the filling of cylinders inside the gashouse environment
- Fill out appropriate documents to report production (batch tickets) and raw material usage
- Assemble, fill and label cylinders and drums for shipment, and complete all necessary documentation
- Use forklift truck and other materials handling equipment to bring in raw materials and to move drums and cylinders to and from storage areas
- Set up, direct and supervise tankers in accordance with ITW safety plan
- Complete daily inventories of tanks and existing capacities
- Demonstrate a full understanding of Hazardous communication and RCRA training
- Follow government regulations, maintain & clean equipment and machines using proper disposal for cleaning materials, waste materials or products
- Perform department housekeeping to keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Maintain proper use of personal protective equipment
- Other related duties as directed by management
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Must be able to follow directions, and work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to read and write English
- Competence in math computation necessary (add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure)
- Must be able to regularly lift 40-60 lbs.
- This position will require an OSHA approved fork truck driver’s license (training provided)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Minimum one (1) year manufacturing experience, in an industry related environment required. Three (3) or more years’ experience preferred
- Demonstrated familiarity with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Knowledge of continuous improvement preferred
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Job responsibilities and work schedules are subject to change to meet the needs of the business.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.