- 19875 S Diamond Lake Rd, Rogers, MN 55374, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Established in 1986, North Star Imaging, Inc. is the leading domestic manufacturer of turn-key 2D Digital X-rayand 3D X-ray Computed Tomography systems for the Industrial Nondestructive Testing industry. In 2010, NSI was acquired by Illinois Tool Works and became part of ITW’s Test and Measurement segment. ITW is a leading diversified manufacturing company with over 100 years of history and over 800 individual business units. As demand continues to increase both nationally and internationally, NSI now operates in five offices across the globe; Minnesota, California, Massachusetts, the United Kingdom and China.
Companies throughout the world rely on NSI's expertise and equipment to create high quality, efficient and profitable products. Become a key player to our growing success and have the opportunity to excel in a high-tech and advancing industry.
As the Controller you will lead and manage the financial function of ITW North Star Imaging and serve as part of the management team.
- Lead finance and accounting processes and practices for a $75M division.
- Perform multiple-entity financial consolidation, budgeting and forecasting.
- Set key financial performance indicators and effectively communicate financial analysis and recommendations to management to improve financial performance.
- Support management in the Long-Range Plan (LRP) and strategy planning of the business unit.
- Maintain financial statements/records of the business unit; responsible for the more complex financial analysis.
- Develop and enhance internal controls, policies and procedures and implementing best practices.
- Develop key reports for operations management.
- Creatively approach and automate functions to improve efficiency.
- Coordinate and manage the global internal and external audit process.
- Protect business assets and manage risk.
- Provide input and assist with statutory consolidations, statutory accounting and tax audits.
- Supervise Accounting functions: accounts payable, inventory, fixed assets, and invoicing/accounts receivable.
- Apply financial and market/industry knowledge and stay abreast of current trends.
- Ad-hoc reporting as requested by GM or other management team members.
Required: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 7 years experience
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with Financial consolidation software and ERP systems including MAPICS
- Knowledge of current finance and accounting practices
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Power BI
- Ability to lead and manage teams
- Ability to continuously improve accounting function
- Passing results on both pre-employment drug and background checks (which includes driving record) are required.
- A valid driver's license is required for this position.
- A good driving record is necessary.
- Must be able to provide proof that you are legally able to work in the United States.
NSI is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, NSI is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.