Mechanical Engineer II
- 1629 Old South 5, Camdenton, MO 65020, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW EAE is a division of the Illinois Tools Works, Inc. (NYSE: ITW), a Fortune 200 global industrial manufacturer with operations in 58 countries. ITW EAE is a developer and provider of capital equipment used in electronics manufacturing, and is found in premier printed circuit board (PCB) assembly facilities the world over. ITW EAE comprised with industry-leading brands: MPM stencil printing equipment for electronic materials; Camalot Systems fluid dispensers; Electrovert reflow soldering, wave soldering, and curing, and cleaning equipment; Vitronic Soltec selective soldering, reflow soldering and wave soldering equipment; and Despatch industrial oven and furnaces.
The Mechanical Engineer position will incorporate level of competency in all areas of the R&D spectrum. This includes the following:
· Document and communicate cross-functional issues from the applications position
· Create engineering test procedures and plans
· Document and instruct personnel on engineering project specific to process applications
· Design new equipment and special options.
· Proficient with Solid Works, 2D and 3D applications.
· Understand costing and bill of material standards.
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering discipline with 5-10yrs. experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Modify existing System layout drawings for Sales and Marketing support.
- Create new System layout drawings for Sales and Marketing support.
- Receive and respond to request for System Layout Drawings & 3-D Models.
- Modify existing manufacturing drawings & BOM/Cut list based on 3-D Model updates or verbal instructions. To include all fabrication, machining and inspections requirements.
- Create new manufacturing drawings from existing SolidWorks Part & Assembly models. Drawings to include all fabrication, machining and inspections requirements as well as BOM/Cut list.
- Create new Part & Assembly models.
- Study sales load requests against standard product specifications to determine feasibility. Make recommendations on appropriate standard products.
- Conduct testing and record results for new designs.
- Modify current product and service manuals from written or verbal instructions.