Temporary Part-time - Material Handler I
- 825 University Ave, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
Small Parcel Shipping
Instron manufactures testing systems that ship worldwide. These are highly engineered complex systems costing upwards of $100K. They vary in size from 150lbs. system to 10,000lbs. systems and a rare few that are larger. This position deals with most of the OTC (Over the Counter sales items) which is small parts and accessories that are typically shipped via UPS/FedEx.
The primary responsibility for the handler is to package and ship OTC orders. These can be up to #40lbs maximum weight. The role also requires being flexible to help in other areas of manufacturing, shipping and receiving.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Package responsibly all domestic and international orders within the cut off time
- Willingness to be cross-trained and work in other areas of manufacturing such as receiving, crating and assembly
- Must adhere to strict safety guidelines with proper PPE, lifting capacity and other behavior that reinforces safety on the job
- Monitor stock levels and order materials as necessary
- Put away inventory during slow shipping times
Skills / Experience desired
- Willingness to learn from others with prior experience
- Familiarity with using power tools and fork-lift experience is a plus
- Willingness to work overtime, especially Thursday, Friday and weekends as necessary during peak months
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Take this opportunity to join a professional and successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy competitive compensation and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, paid parental leave, 401k (with match), and a generous tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.