Temporary To Hire - Materials Handler II
- 825 University Ave, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron® is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
Instron manufactures testing systems that ships worldwide. These are highly engineered complex systems costing upwards of $100K. They vary in size from 150lbs. system to 10,000lbs systems and a rare few that are larger.
The primary responsibility for the handler is to help with constructing a suitable packaging crate using typical lumber products and sometimes bolt them down using metal brackets. High volume products will be in partially assembled pallets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Use of power tools (saws, impact drill) build crates using lumber & plywood for the appropriate shipping method (air, Ocean, truck) to domestic and international shipments
- Willingness to cross-train and work in other areas of manufacturing such as receiving, small parcel shipping as needed
- Must adhere to strict safety guidelines with proper PPE, lifting capacity and other behavior that reinforces safety on the job
- Load trucks using a fork-lift with the product once crating is finished
- Monitor stock levels and order materials as necessary
Skills / experience desired
- Prior lumber / carpentry / framing experience is highly desired
- Proven ability to use power tools and knowledge of safety measures
- Ability to look at a drawing and come up with a crate and be able to communicate to engineering improvements or changes needed to an existing drawing
- Willingness to learn from others with prior experience
- Familiarity with using power tools and fork-lift experience
- Willingness to work OT specially Thursday / Friday and weekends as necessary during peak months
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision