Product Management Marketing Graduate Internship
- N822 Communication Dr, Appleton, WI 54914, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health. We’re about the partnership and the work.
Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications. Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness.
Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment. This company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
In this role, you will be gathering and applying market research to lead product development of a new products developing a strategic marketing plan to achieve growth initiatives and leading the execution. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects in our business organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. Must have the ability to excel in a team environment.
As a product management intern, you will:
- Develop product road maps and define product requirements
- Define strategies to grow market share
- Develop business case for new products
- Market Analysis, competitive bench marking, SWOT analysis
- New product development & introduction strategy
- Prepare and outline product road maps and life-cycle
- Develop go-to-market strategy and execute the plans
- Influence the strategic direction for selected product lines
- Evaluate business potential in a given market for a product
- Work closely with engineering managers, product managers, and other technical leaders
- Current enrollment in a full time MBA program with an expected completion date between June through December 2021
- Four or more years of work experience with B2B business/ businesses
- Ability to manage in an environment of ambiguity with diverse partners
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Ability to manage a product from concept to launch
- Familiar with market segmentation process & ability to focus on target markets (80/20)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Understand key marketing concepts and ability to implement
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Superb organizational skills to be able to coordinate complicated projects
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.