West Coast Marine Regional Sales Manager
- Any Street, San Diego, CA, United States
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW is a great employer with a distinct culture that empowers our people to think and act like entrepreneurs within ITW’s strategic framework. This decentralized, entrepreneurial culture is one component of the powerful and highly differentiated ITW Business Model. Commitment to our core values, safety and our culture is a competitive advantage for the company, and we are committed to fully leveraging its strength.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
The West Coast Regional Sales Manager is a key position at ITW Polymers Sealants (a division of ITW) required to meet and exceed the organic growth goals and profitability of the company. This position leverages first-hand understanding of customer needs, product and applications expertise, excellent communication skills, and leadership instincts to drive sales growth activities and the highest level of customer satisfaction. West Coast Region also includes East Asia market including but not limited to Korea, Japan, and Thailand.
The West Coast Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for increasing market presence within the Marine Coatings segment with products and programs designed by ITW Polymers Sealants. Emphasis will be placed on activities to establish and develop profitable sales opportunities throughout the assigned region. Develop and implement a strategic sales plan (both short- and long-term) for assigned territory to accommodate company goals, setting performance goals accordingly.
Manage, create, and support revenue growth in region by utilizing the ITW Front to Back and sales pipeline processes.
Work with Segment Manager, Directors of Sales and Marketing to identify and execute strategies to sell A Products to existing A Customers. This might include, but is not limited to:
- Driving account activity based on the 80/20 Business Process
- Meeting with contractors, distributors, Navy contacts and prospective new customers to strengthen partnership and product awareness in West and East Asia regions.
- Working with new and existing customers to solve problems utilizing a suite of non-skid and interior coatings.
- Providing training to distributors and contractors on proper application of current and any new ITW PSNA Marine Coatings.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of Marine coating products, systems, guidelines, and product data, etc.
- Follow all ITW Polymers Sealants North America’s policies and procedures
- Manage sales activities within the American Safety Technologies and Polyspec Marine segments to meet or exceed revenue goals
- Proactively identify changes to military requirements and specifications
- Manage Distributor network as necessary to support business efforts
- Keep appraised of customer requirements, working with NAVSEA and Naval Surface Warfare personnel to continue to meet fleet requirements for specified systems to position the Division for greater market share
- Assure all qualified products maintain approved status and provide support for technical teams to secure qualifications required
- Provide information necessary for initiation of development of new products to meet specification performance to expand business opportunities
- Work with technical and management personnel within Navy and Defense structure to secure opportunities for new product testing
- 30 – 50% Travel
- Work remotely but ability to visit local customers in short notice and international customers 1-2 times per year
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Bias for action and ability to urgently drive results
- Professional presence and credibility. The ability to work with and positively influence all levels of customer and Division personnel
- Willingness and physical ability to provide training and on-site support
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong negotiating skills, and the ability to sell and close business
- Strong Computer Skills in Microsoft Office
- Team player, self-motivated, good communicator, and goal oriented
Preferred Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical/mechanical/engineering or business
- 5+ years’ experience in professional sales position
- Retired US Navy personnel highly encouraged
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.