Strategic Sourcing Manager
- 407 W Vine St, Hatfield, PA 19440, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Strategic Sourcing Manager. This position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
In addition to the following functions, this role will primarily be responsible for developing the Brooks Instrument supply base in India. The position will be based in Hatfield, Pennsylvania, but periodic travel to India will be required. This role will identify, implement, and manage supplier relationships to support operational requirements at the lowest total cost consistent with Company policies, procedures, as well as Company Values and quality standards. Responsible for researching and identifying suppliers for materials across the Brooks network, working closely with cross functional teams to develop supply sourcing strategies that reduce cost, ensure continuity of supply, and meet Brooks quality requirements. Responsible for leading Brooks’ supplier management efforts for key suppliers, and for ensuring compliance with Brooks’ purchasing policies and procedures, ethical practices, and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop long-range sourcing plans for key commodities using appropriate thinking, behavior, and practices.
- Select suppliers, conduct supplier negotiations, establish, and monitor supply agreements.
- Develop and implement effective cost management programs to deliver optimized Total Cost of Ownership and continuous cost improvement
- Optimize value delivery from suppliers.
- Measure and review supplier performance and lead supplier continuous improvement programs.
- Execute plans to assure continuous supply of quality goods and services
- Execute plans to combat market changes and challenges
- Support the Quality and Operational teams to ensure that our suppliers meet our quality requirements and applicable technical specifications.
- Support Supplier problem resolution as appropriate for assigned portfolio.
- Manage and monitor material changes for compliance to quality and technical standards.
- Investigate and become a subject matter expert in the supply market for key commodities.
- Evaluate supply, quality and price risks, and supplier capabilities.
- Forecast supply vulnerabilities and implement plans to ensure continuity of supply.
- Assure excellence of job performance and pursue professional development through professional certification seminars, trade show participation, education, periodicals, and supplier contacts.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures, ethical practices, Brooks Values and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
- Support new product introduction to enable shortening of time to market as well as achieving cost goals
- Support company continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain regular attendance and can get along in a team environment.
- The ability to follow all safety procedures.
- Support company continuous improvement initiative.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BS or BA in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Technical, or Engineering disciplines required. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of direct management experience of Indian suppliers is required.
- Hindi language fluency is highly preferred.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%.
- Experience in category or commodity management, buying of related materials, financial and analytical roles, and experience in sourcing, procurement, materials management, or related technical disciplines preferred.
- Extensive personal computer skills, with excellent skills on Microsoft platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Microsoft Access and Project skills desired.
- Training in effective negotiations, procurement, contract law, MRP, and presentations preferred.
- High degree of interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Preferred experience in an international business environment.
- Demonstrated pursuit of continuing education in procurement and/or materials management.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.