Temporary - Electromechanical Assembler
- 825 University Ave, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron® is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
The successful person in this role will perform a variety of repetitive operations to assemble products or sub-assemblies where methods and sequence of assembly are clearly written and described. Uses various common hand tools and power assisted assembly tools. May require use of computers to record work task and/or order completion.
Qualified candidates will meet and interview with the team and receive a tour of our Plant. We hope to see you soon!
- Follow basic safety practices (awareness of different rules for different work areas). Follow PPE requirements.
- Demonstrate attention to detail. Retain nuances in different build processes
- Basic assembly knowledge. Manual Dexterity. Willing to take directions from peers in addition to supervisors.
- Capability to comprehend and follow work instructions. Able to work along side a colleague during training activities until familiar with product builds.
- Abide by and reflect ITW values and Behaviors – Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk and Simplicity
- Desire to learn from and work with a team of high performing individuals. Willing and able to commit to being an integral part of a successful team.
- Regular interactions with Engineering to aid in troubleshooting issues, updating work instructions, etc. Engaging with Purchasing and Quality when needed for part issues or non-conformities.
- Demonstrated reliability in past roles.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Trade school or Associates degree preferred.
Take this opportunity to join a professional and successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy competitive compensation and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, paid parental leave, 401k (with match), and a generous tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.