Calibration Laboratory Logistics Coordinator
- 825 University Ave, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
We're looking for a highly motivated Calibration Laboratory Logistics Coordinator to join our Instron team! The Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the calibration laboratories supply chain. As a logistics coordinator, customer satisfaction is a priority, as this is how business remains successful. The logistics coordinator is well-versed in supply chain principles and practices. Interfacing with customers daily to answer questions, complaints and notifying them of any delays in the delivery schedule is essential to the position.
- Responsible for managing all processes involved in a supply chain. This could include managing orders, arrange stocking of materials, and equipment to ensure they meet customer's needs.
- Plan and track flow of shipments to meet customer's expectations.
- Communicate with suppliers and customers on supply chain related issues.
- Process incoming equipment into the laboratory and distribute accordingly.
- Update electronic records of received/ and processed equipment by using an equipment tracking database.
- Coordinate outside laboratory services for the calibration of equipment.
- Coordinate with laboratory staff on the processing of calibrations to meet customer's schedules.
- 3+ years of experience in customer service or logistics management.
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes.
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office, and working knowledge of logistics software (ERP).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Plant environment with some exposure to grease, dirt, noise, and operational equipment. Some lifting required (up to approximately 100 pounds – using assistance to lift over 50 pounds).
- 3+ years of related experience in customer service, or logistics environments.
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent experience
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. Enjoy excellent on and off the job training, a competitive salary, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.