Technical Support Engineer
- 825 University Ave, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
Responsible for providing a high level of technical support to our customers and field based engineers in North America. This position is primarily focused on providing software support, electronic, mechanical and application support of all Instron systems. This assistance and support is provided primarily via the telephone, but this position also offers a great deal of hands on technical and project-based work. Additional responsibilities include:
· Provides technical assistance for all Instron software products to customers and field service engineers by phone and email
· Assists in the training of field service engineers in the operation and maintenance of basic electromechanical and servo-hydraulic equipment.
· Recommends changes to products or to maintenance procedures to improve reliability, maintainability and usability.
· Assists in the corrective and preventive maintenance on electronic equipment with minimum supervision. Works from complex schematics, diagrams and technical manuals.
· Responsible for updating, maintaining and using the technical information found on various databases.
· Responsible for providing information in the form of field service bulletins or notifications to field engineers that will assist in them performing more efficient and reliable service.
· Required to maintain all customer call information in the service database in appropriate detail, manage open queue call to a reasonable level and account for hours associated with daily activities
Successful applicants will have a B.S. in a technical degreed program or equivalent military education. The ability to understand complex electronic theory and/or electromechanical designs, a thorough understanding of PC’s, and the ability to learn a wide variety of software applications, including LIMS database systems is also required. In addition, you should be self-motivated, possess exceptional organizational and time management skills, and, due to the high level of customer interaction, possess strong interpersonal skills. Occasional travel may be required.
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. Enjoy excellent on and off the job training, a competitive salary, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.