QA/QC Technician I
- 56 Air Station Industrial Park, Rockland, MA 02370, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW is a great employer with a distinct culture that empowers our people to think and act like entrepreneurs within ITW’s strategic framework. This decentralized, entrepreneurial culture is one component of the powerful and highly differentiated ITW Business Model. Commitment to our core values, safety and our culture is a competitive advantage for the company, and we are committed to fully leveraging its strength.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
Performs QC duties by testing and validating products at various points of the production process and maintains accurate records of the results. Perform duties in support of ITW Polymers Sealants strategic initiatives and ITW Enterprise Strategy.
- Check incoming bulk raw materials to ensure they meet established specifications.
- Performing all QC tests, as indicated on the batch tickets and in a timely manner, for every batch manufactured.
- Responsible for making accurate recommendations for formula adjustments to manufacturing personnel based on prior quality control test results.
- Responsible for notifying the Production Supervisors when an out of spec condition is encountered which cannot be resolved in a normal, timely manner.
- Maintain retains of all batches, regularly rotating the stock and properly disposing of material after one year.
- Responsible for data entry of production batch sheets, including test results.
- Responsible for reporting on trends, providing data analysis as required.
- Must keep the work area neat, clean, and organized.
- Provide Certificate of Analysis on required products.
- Perform production audits and spot checks in the Manufacturing departments.
- Perform in line quality checks of canisters in gas house operation.
- Any other duties, as required by supervisor.
- Work with 3rd party auditors with quarterly product audits.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- General understanding of ITW business philosophies and strategies.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft tools.
- Strong communication, organizational, teamwork and investigative skills.
- Ability to effectively multitask and drive assignments to completion.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing process/workflow for efficiency and resource use.
- Mechanical skills to utilize test equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School degree or equivalent
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.