Automation Project Engineer
- 825 University Ave, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
Instron, the world leader in mechanical testing is looking to add a Project Engineer to our rapidly growing Automation Engineering Team. With this opportunity, you will have a chance to work with a talented and dedicated engineering team to develop automated testing solutions for some of Instron’s critical customers. The Project Engineer is responsible for owning the project from inception through installation ensuring the project is delivered on time and within budget to a customer who is delighted with the systems performance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead automation projects from starting concepts with the customer to installation at the customer facility. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Interfacing with customers to review specifications and establish a project timeline.
- Develop and incorporate custom design solutions with standard systems to fulfill customer needs.
- Coordinate with manufacturing and purchasing to receive parts and assemblies within the project schedule.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of technicians, machinists, and other engineers supporting your project.
- Lead design reviews with peers and upper management with the aid of appropriately prepared documents and reports.
- Offer technical support post-installation.
- Assist fellow project engineers with their automation projects wherever they see fit.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of relative experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment. Ability to travel up to 25% as projects dictate. Both international and domestic.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver successful designs on tight project timelines
- A team player – Willingness to support and help other projects depending on the business need
- Extensive SolidWorks experience, Certified SolidWorks Associate preferred.
- Mathematical and/or computational dexterity.
- Good judgment coupled with an ability to select and apply appropriate resources necessary to reach sound engineering conclusions and completion of task objectives.
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. Enjoy excellent on and off the job training, a competitive salary, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.