Regional Trainer - Remote
- REMOTE, REMOTE, REMOTE, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Comprised of a market-leading portfolio of best-in-class brands, the businesses of ITW Welding work together to provide premium performance delivered through a breadth of solutions encompassing welding, cutting, consumables, and accessories. ITW Welding North America represents Miller Electric Welding Equipment, Safety & Accessories, Hobart Filler Metals, and Bernard / Tregaskiss MIG Guns.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
Responsible for conducting process and product training courses for our channel partners, sales team, educators, and end-user customers to improve their individual and organizational effectiveness to sell or utilize the ITW welding products. Will work both individually and as part of a team to develop and update collateral needed to achieve industry leading results from the training courses.
The ideal candidate will be based out of one of the following locations to address regional training needs:
- Dallas TX training center
- Rancho Cucamonga CA training center
- Portland OR training center
- Become the Training Advisor in your region. Understand the distributors key business initiatives and goals, what they want to accomplish. Use your training knowledge to establish a strategic training plan to address their needs, plan, confirm, create and execute.
- Conduct effective delivery of training course content through a combination of methods, including virtual, webinar, video, e-learning, classroom and hands on facilitation to meet each courses objective.
- Coordinate training sessions through regular communication with the sales team to understand training needs in the market and develop a schedule of courses that fit the needs of the market.
- Develop new courses on markets and core products. Collaborate with sales team and divisional personnel to complete a formal and informal training needs analysis, determine training objectives, course design, and ensure proper topics and collateral are used during training.
- Subject matter expert on courses and products. Work with all ITW Welding divisions to keep up to date on top products, value proposition, market position, key benefits, and product operation.
- Develop industry leading training collateral in partnership with Product Managers and Sales Teams. Collateral may include multimedia resources and online tools, PowerPoints, pdfs, etc.
- Own the customer training experiences, inspire, train and build advocacy.
- Oversee the training facility to ensure it is equipped to support a safe and positive training experience for customers and visitors.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employee work practices
- Partner with other functions to assess and identify training gaps (strengths and weaknesses) and develop a training plan to meet the needs of our business partners
- Partner with other Process Trainers to maintain current classroom materials and teaching aids to keep courses up to date with current processes and products.
- Must be able to communicate with all areas of the company (Sales Team, Product Managers, Applications, Engineering, etc.).
- Ability to work independently, with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once.
- Present complex information to a variety of audiences (hourly and salaried)
- High personal confidence and ability to be assertive when necessary. Can be direct as well as diplomatic. Can handle conflict effectively.
- Knowledge of instructional design theory, learning principles, traditional and modern training methods, tools, and techniques
- Represent ITW by supporting core values: Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk, and Simplicity
- Competency in common computing technologies, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe PDF etc.
- Technical aptitude required, and welding experience preferred.
- Ability to be concise in delivering a presentation while meeting the learning objectives
- Proven ability to develop a plan to meet objectives.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude, high motivation, and solid decision-making abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Travel to regional training facilities to deliver classroom training, 40-60% estimated travel.
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.