Inside Sales Specialist
- 41 Waukegan Rd, Lake Bluff, IL 60044, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 85 years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Buehler’s parent company, ITW, is a global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
The Inside Sales Specialist is a key position responsible for driving sales in a target market – R&D labs, universities, and research institutions. This position reports to the R&D Sales Manager an is responsible for proactive business development in the territory – lead follow-up, customer management, project management, lead generation campaigns, cold calling, and collaboration with the field sales team. We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated success in both managing and developing a territory from the inside, with limited field activity (as required). The ideal candidate is customer-focused, organized, creative in technique to reach new customers, an outstanding communicator, and most importantly, results-driven.
This position has the flexibility to work remotely in either the Chicago, Philadelphia, New York, or Boston metropolitan areas.
- Stimulates demand and secures sales for equipment, accessories, and consumable products with existing and new customers in assigned territory through outbound contact effort
- Achieves or exceeds territory sales plan by maintaining existing business and developing incremental business in existing accounts
- Searches for, identifies, and develops leads for new business in new accounts within assigned territory
- Manages sales pipeline, track customer contacts, and account details using the company’s Customer Relationship Management system
- Identify and build relationships with key decision-makers through friendly, engaging communication.
- Identifies and analyzes customer needs and develops commercial arguments
- Builds customer relationships and shares knowledge of products, their characteristics, and the market
- Plans daily activity including customer calls, creating a time-efficient plan using the company’s Customer Relationship Management system
- Organizes own work routine with guidance as provided by sales leadership
- Provides forecast data to sales management
- Partner with the lab team to organize remote demonstrations for existing and potential customers, advises customers of the benefits of Buehler and Buehler products
- In partnership with the lab team, organizes and participates in laboratory testing of customer samples
- Partner with outside sales force in joint selling efforts for potential large business opportunities.
- Assists outside sales team with lead qualifications
- Participates in sales meetings to obtain information on sales objectives, promotional actions, new products, improvement ideas, etc.
- Participates in sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, special projects and applies this knowledge in efforts to increase business
- Follows market and competition evolution and transmits information to sales leadership
- Tracks and shares information on wins and losses adjusting sales presentation as needed
- Requires either a Bachelor’s degree in a science/technical discipline or a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline plus a minimum of 3 years inside sales experience, with demonstrated results.
- Requires strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and a pleasant telephone manner
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Prominent organization and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task a high volume of projects at one time
- Works independently as a self-starter, successful at prioritizing work
- Decision making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills
- Persistence and positive attitude
- Proficient in Spanish a plus but not required
- Formal or corporate training in selling skills desired
- Proficient level of competency in using Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to travel at least 10% of the time
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.