Technology Development Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
- 3077 Skyway Ct, Fremont, CA 94539, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Technology Development Engineer / Mechanical Engineer. This position will be based out of our Technology Development facility in Fremont, CA. Headquartered in Hatfield, Pennsylvania, Brooks Instrument has manufacturing facilities in the United States, Hungary and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Plan, schedule and implement technology development efforts related to development of new flow control products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new mechanical flow measurement and control technologies (sensors, valves, meter bodies, flow elements, enclosures, etc.) in the field of fluid delivery devices for semiconductor processing.
- Integrate state of the art valve technologies in line with current semiconductor manufacturing requirements for fluid delivery devices.
- Evaluate and develop control valve technologies designs including robust packaging options for fluid flow.
- Develop and/or interpret complex 3D CAD drawings in SolidWorks, AutoCAD or other CAD packages for fluid delivery components.
- Develop mechanical product designs and processes for flow control devices.
- Assist in gathering market and engineering design requirements for fluid flow.
- Design verification and validation testing of new designs/new products. Assist in the iterative redesign of products as needed.
- Design custom test fixturing for design verification testing and component level characterizations.
- Plan and conduct design-support work to maintain project timing.
- Maintain and enhance department safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of fluid dynamics, heat and mass transfer, and electronic circuitry.
- Proficiency in automation programming (ie, LabVIEW and/or C# and/or Visual Basic)
- Ability to plan, develop, set up and conduct automated experiments using electro-mechanical hardware and instrumentation.
- Hands-on experience with data acquisition systems (DAQ), sensor interfacing (analog and digital), pneumatic, and electro-mechanical systems. Preferred experience with National Instruments hardware.
- Preferred hands on experience with vacuum systems and leak testing.
- Comfortable with assembling VCR and IGS components typically found in a gas box.
- Preferred CAD modeling experience (SolidWorks).
- Technical report writing skills required.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to get along with others in a team environment.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures.
Education and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 0-2 years experience in mechanical design of flow component/instrumentation/electromechanical devices
- 3D CAD Modeling, Drawing generation and CAD database experience desired. Solidworks experience a plus.
- Experience in manufacturing and assembly a plus.
- Experience in mass flow control technology a plus.
- Experience in validation testing and technical writing a plus.
- Ability to lead and make technical contributions to a multi-disciplinary team required.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook Required.
- Technical report writing skills required.
- Ability to read and understand detailed technical drawings and specifications required.
- MathCAD, Simulink, LabView, Python, C#, C++, VBA, FEA Analysis experience a plus.
- Related experience or training in the following areas desired: Process control instrumentation, Metrology, Data collection and analysis, Calibration
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.