Regional Sales Manager
- 123 Any Street, Atlanta, GA, us
- Employees can work remotely
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW is a great employer with a distinct culture that empowers our people to think and act like entrepreneurs within ITW’s strategic framework. This decentralized, entrepreneurial culture is one component of the powerful and highly differentiated ITW Business Model. Commitment to our core values, safety and our culture is a competitive advantage for the company, and we are committed to fully leveraging its strength.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
The Regional Sales Manager for the Construction OEM Segment is responsible for all sales activity in the territory to meet or exceed revenue and material margin expectations. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for working with the OEMs, end users, and all levels of the Distributor network to pull through profitable business with targeted accounts. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for identifying technical, product, and service requirements necessary to achieve long-term profitable growth of the business.
- Grow the business through effective account management by following ITW PSNA sales process and working closely with Distribution principals, OEMs and end users to develop strategies and implement growth plans
- Utilize the ITW Toolbox Business Model and ITW PSNA Sales Excellence process to develop strategies and implement profitable growth plans. Develop and maintain account plans for each ’80’ customer. Actively manage funnel of opportunities, focusing on actions to close existing opportunities and growing the funnel with new opportunities. Develop and maintain Sales Playbooks for each segment/territory.
- Strategic, tactical and operational planning with Segment Sales Manager to determine primary objectives, set specific targets, and implement plans to grow business within the segment/territory
- Determine market needs, competitive environment, distribution channels and product requirements to devise and implement sales strategies
- Provide technical information/support and training to Distribution, End User, and OEM’s, and other purchase influencers. Work closely with Distribution principals to develop end user target strategies and implement growth plans.
- Develop, prospect, qualify, and close leads in the territory. – with, or without assistance from the Distributor
- Identify market needs, trends, and opportunities within the business segments in the territory, provide analyses and needs assessments to assist with new product development
- Provide technical service to end-users, and Distribution, relating to the use, operation and maintenance of our adhesives, sealants, tapes, and/or equipment
- Provide support to business unit trade shows as necessary
- Promote, support, and adhere to all safety and quality related policies and procedures
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and focus efforts on most profitable growth opportunities
- Strong leadership skills; proven ability to train and motivate a distributor sales force Excellent interpersonal skills; strong selling skills to include negotiation and closing business
- PC literate, skilled in word processing, spreadsheet, and contact management software
- Willingness to travel for up to 50% of time
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree or equivalent, plus 3 – 5 years of industrial sales experience
- Relevant product and market experience.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position.