- 41 Waukegan Rd, Lake Bluff, IL 60044, USA
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Buehler’s parent company, ITW, is a global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
This position is responsible for the assembly, testing, and calibration of complex equipment and machines, and to ensure all Buehler quality and industry standards are met. In addition, this role will position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, cranes, and work instructions. The Assembler uses combined knowledge of both mechanical technology and electrical components.
- Assembles, tests, and repairs equipment according to work instructions, blueprints, diagrams, and specifications, using hand tools, power tools, precision instruments, and test equipment
- Reads blueprints, schematics, and technical orders to determine methods and sequence of assembly operations
- Performs visual inspections of equipment parts for defects related to the fit, form, or function
- Works within a team environment to execute weekly production schedules that are measured for productivity
- Demonstrates a high level of competency on at least four of the primary machines
- Collects all materials within the warehouse that are necessary for the completion of assigned tasks
- Prepares all required packing materials and machine components shown on the bill of materials
- Provides instruction/training for others on equipment and how to manage associated documentation
- Perform basic troubleshooting on primary equipment
- Accepts responsibility for all housekeeping protocols and reporting any inventory concerns to supervisor
- Associates degree or postsecondary technical certificates preferred
- 1-3 years of mechanical or electrical assembly where troubleshooting is required
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Production and processing knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the efficiency of the work area
- Ablity to give written and verbal instructions which augment and clarify drawings and specifications
- Strong attention to detail regarding inspection of components and assembly of machines
- Basic understanding of required gages and measuring devices, including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, Hi Pot testers & multi-meters
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to occasionally lift between 5lbs-50lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.