- 41 Waukegan Rd, Lake Bluff, IL 60044, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Buehler’s parent company, ITW, is a global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets
This key position maintains financial transaction integrity and internal controls. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to interpret accounting transactions, reports, and statements. Uses sound judgment to analyze trends in costs and revenues. Assists in financial reporting and offers suggestions for resource and process improvement. The role will focus on using ITW Core principles to produce and maintain financial records.
This position will have a great deal of exposure to the Leadership Team which is based out of Lake Bluff, IL and therefore will provide added development opportunities. There is also the possibility of International Travel to our overseas locations in Germany, China, and Japan.
- Assist in Inventory management including:
- Performing various cycle counts throughout the year in different warehouse locations
- Organizing the Annual Physical Inventory and working with the Warehouse & Purchasing teams
- Creating and distributing the monthly Inventory Grading Analysis of Active, Slow Moving and Obsolete Inventory to Management and then reporting Quarterly in FRIDA
- Perfom Cost Management Analysis and overall Management of Standard Costing including:
- Working with Purchasing Team and Product Managers to update Standard Costs and Rolling Bill of Materials as needed
- Reviewing Monthly Purchase Price Variance reports and making updates to Standard Costs as needed after reviewing with various teams involved
- Updating and analyzing Variable and Period costs on a monthly basis while also performing an annual review of Variable and Period Costs included in the calculation
- Assisting in Annual Standard Cost Revaluation with Controller and Purchasing Team
- Participate in Internal, External and Sales Tax Audits including:
- Providing necessary requested information from Enterprise Audit Services during the planning phase and when the audit is taking place
- Assisting Accounts Receivable Specialist in Sales Tax Audit Preparation and Analysis while helping maintain proper Sales Tax Exemption Certificates
- Track Demonstration and Service Loaner demo eEquipment including:
- Working with Sales and Service teams to distribute available Demo and Loaner equipment on a Quarterly basis
- Analyzing monthly depreciation schedule for Demo and Loaner equipment
- Organizing and participating with the Sales and Service teams in an Annual Demo and Loaner Physical Inventory
- Reviewing and simplifying overall Demo and Loaner distribution processes
- Month-end close responsibilities and monthly financial reporting including:
- Preparing and reviewing various Journal Entries
- Preparing and reviewing Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Distributing various reports to Departmental Managers
- Preparing GAAP financial statements and ensures compliance
- Assisting in Monthly Outlooks, preparing the US outlook file for Analysis
- Assist with Annual Operating plan including:
- Helping the Controller plan and collect Departmental Data
- Preparing and analyzing various Financial Reports for the Controller/Division Controller
- Implements company accounting policies and procedures
- Ad hoc reporting, analysis, and other projects as requested
- 2-5 years’ experience preferably in a manufacturing environment and working in Cost Accounting
- BS in Accounting or Finance is required
- Solid knowledge of GAAP
- Strong computer skills in MS-Office package and advanced user of Excel a must
- Experience with Navision and report writing a plus.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and strong analytical skills are required to be successful
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.