Senior Marketing Manager
- 12055 Cutten Rd, Houston, TX 77066, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
ITW Polymer Sealants North America (https://itwsealants.com/), a subsidiary of ITW, is a leader in sealants, coatings, and adhesives for the Commercial Construction, Military Marine, and Aerospace industries. The division has 6 locations across the United States, with leadership in the Irving and Houston, TX facilities.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures. At ITW, we pride ourselves on our decentralized entrepreneurial culture. ITW’s unique culture is a competitive advantage, and the company is working hard to make sure that its divisions continue to think and act like smaller companies. ITW businesses have significant flexibility within the framework of the ITW Business Model to customize their approach in order to best serve their customers and maximize performance.
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
Position Location: Irving, Texas or Houston, Texas
The Senior Marketing Manager is a key position at ITW Polymers Sealants (a division of ITW) required to meet and exceed the growth and profitability goals and ensure that the business remains a market leader. This position leverages first-hand understanding of customer needs, product and applications expertise, excellent communication skills, and leadership instincts to drive product development activities and decisions that grow our position in the market as a premium supplier of chemical solutions and the highest level of customer satisfaction.
A qualified Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for managing a portion of the ITW Polymers Sealants product portfolio under the direction of the Strategic Marketing Director. They will promote a strong market orientation, influencing strategy formation and investment decisions. They will create and build value propositions based on in depth customer knowledge (VOC). They will work closely with cross functional teams throughout the product development process, and develop and implement marketing plans to meet revenue and profit targets. The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for directing segment product marketing strategies.
- Meet regularly with customers, to understand customer needs and product requirements (VOC). Collaborate with sales to develop and implement regional and/or national marketing programs, provide ongoing measurement of promotional initiatives.
- Own the segments that they support, including the products and go-to-market. Work closely with Sales on channel strategy. Be the “CEO” of the product lines within the segment, by developing and executing the overall strategy / roadmap of the product line in line with the division’s strategy and by maximizing profitability of the segment.
- Have a deep understanding of the market needs and the competitive offerings through primary and secondary research methods. Use this understanding to develop clear quantified value propositions versus the next best alternative. Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to effectively communicate these value propositions into the market.
- Develop business cases and product requirements for new products, with clear value propositions for the customer and competitive differentiation that leads to financial success for the company. Work alongside a high-performance product development team though all product development stages to ensure successful product launch.
- Drive new product launches through the development and implementation of commercialization plans to include forecasting volumes, defining/implementing market tests, monitoring sales analyses and conducting educational sessions to both internal (sales team) and external (channel, end user) customers.
- Leverage the 4 Ps (Product, Price, Promotion, Placement) to develop strategies to increase sales and margins of existing products.
- Develop deep competitive knowledge to leverage when implementing own product & positioning strategies.
- Devise and create marketing campaigns to drive lead generation and conversion, lead nurturing and brand awareness.
- Support channel partner programs with marketing collateral and product positioning.
- Participate in industry tradeshows, conferences and seminars.
- Select and set priorities for process, price and margin improvement projects using the ITW toolbox (FTB 80/20, PLS, USa, etc.) working with the operations & supply chain teams.
- Leverage all ITW corporate business philosophies in all aspects of product management and decision making and actively participate in on-going project teams that maximize overall organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have a strong understanding and appreciation for chemical products in assigned markets, usually acquired through a combination of completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Science or Marketing as well as 6 years of Marketing experience in a manufacturing environment. MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in product and channel management.
- Experience in new product development and commercialization. Proven success in taking a product from Concept through Launch.
- Must have a passion for product ownership and business development.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of thriving in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to deliver results through exceptional project management skills and natural leadership capabilities.
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- B2B experience from a chemical business
- Experience in commercial construction
- Leadership or supervisory experience
- Project management skills
- Daily interactions with the Sales Team. Regular interaction with the R&D and Operations teams.
- Traditional office environment with the benefit of flexible work hours.
- Must have a desire to travel as required, occasionally on short notice. Travel amounts will vary depending on where the product is in the life cycle, but could involve anything from day trips to week-long trips. Expect on the order of 25% travel.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Success is measured by the execution of the strategic plan that ties to Division goals along with defined revenue growth and profitability metrics
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.